Customer Service Representative III (German bilingual)
OP - Operations
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Travel Assist, Inc.
Your future team
AIG Travel provides a wide array of travel, medical, security and concierge services helping millions of travelers solve problems and manage risk worldwide. The Customer Service Representative III is the front-line of customer support in coordinating risk mitigation activities that ensure AIG's clients are in the best hands while traveling abroad. You are the heart of the operation and will work with AIG Travel's Medical and Security teams, Travel Desk, and a Leadership team from a wide array of associated career fields, such as Risk Management, Medical, Military, NGO's and Federal agencies.
Your contribution at AIG
As a contributor at AIG you are the one the clients turn to in times of need. You act with speed, composure, compassion and knowledge to solve problems and the work you do every day is the heart of AIG's business.
You will provide telephone support and emergency evacuation services in response to client requests by performing the following
- Assist clients in analyzing their requests in order to provide adequate service.
- Use appropriate resources to provide referrals to clients according to their requests.
- Select the relevant search results and, assist the client by providing available services.
- Coordinate the management of each file travel emergencies, flight cancellations, flight delays, trip interruptions and cancellations, baggage delays and similar events in general travel assistance.
- Provide customer service to insured travelers regarding: policy benefits, verification of coverage, claims and claims information.
- Monitor the status of patients and regularly reports the situation to the family and / or fellow travelers of the insured.
- Make arrangements to assistance or medical evacuation using suitable suppliers according to the standards of the medical department of AIG Travel Assist.
- Document the entire management of each case making sure to have the complete and accurate information.
- Provide telephone translation services.
- Provide document translation services.
- Send and receive faxes and e-mails.
- Pick up the phone and redirects the call to the recipient.
- Make outbound telephone calls.
- Make assessment and filing of claims, add new service providers database actively cooperates in finding new medical providers, collaborating in the process of training new employees and assist in any aspect of the operation that requires resolution.
- Other duties may be assigned as needs arise.
What we are looking for:
- German (Read, Write, Speak) Required
- English required
- A minimum of 2 years experience in contact center, preferably with international services.
- Health care experience is preferred but not exclusive.
- Experience in customer service or dealing directly with customers.
- Excellent telephone communication skills and computer skills.
- Excellent verbal and written use of the language.
- Requires basic skills to analyze costs and opt for services.
- Must have a strong orientation to problem solving and a strong ability to find solutions in situations where there is no precedent.
- Ability to work under pressure.
The hours would be from approximately 12:30 PM to 1:30 AM. 7 days a week. Shifts are likely:
- 12:30pm to 8:30pm 5 days with 2 days off
- 5:30pm - 1:30am 5 days with 2 days off
Some will have two days off over a weekend but most will not.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.