Head of Marine - North America
UW - Underwriting
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
National Union Fire Insurance Co of Pittsburgh, PA
Location: This role is nationwide. Can be located in any city.
Head of Marine ‐ North America
Your future team:
AIG's underwriters develop insurance solutions that address the exposures of companies and individuals, and embody AIG's tradition of innovation, bringing to market ground-breaking insurance solutions for our changing world. AIG's underwriters help to find insurance solutions for risks from a range of areas including life insurance, aviation, financial lines, casualty, environmental, catastrophic events, high net worth individuals, and boardroom liabilities
Reporting to the Global Head of Marine and the President of North America General Insurance, this position will develop and monitor the All Lines Marine strategy, P&L, and talent management, executing upon global strategy, underwriting strategy, and pricing guardrails.
Your contribution at AIG as a Senior Leader:
The quality of Senior Leadership is a defining factor for a company's success. Senior Leaders are responsible for developing business strategies and/or translating those strategies into meaningful outcomes and ultimately, business results. As a Senior Leader, you reach across geographical and functional boundaries to create alliances that further the organization's objectives and market position. Your deep and broad industry knowledge allows you to foresee external conditions that could potentially affect AIG's future.
- Execution of the Global Strategy
- Responsible for setting regional P&L - execute against growth and profitability goals and objectives.
- Drive underwriting excellence across the Product Lines, in collaboration with the CUO, by establishing and ensuring adherence to risk appetite, line setting, standards and guidelines, and ensure rating and pricing adequacy.
- Responsible for delegating underwriting authority in the region in accordance with the CUO framework.
- Identify and Recommend new markets, products, services and tools, as well as marketing distribution & Underwriting Strategies.
- Understands the Marine business model, underwriting methodology, and the risks we assume.
- Establish strong relationships with North America leadership; create mutual understanding of overall Marine product strategy & distribution to drive effective execution of business model.
- Drive collaborative behaviour with leadership team across the wider business.
- Develop tools and strategies, in collaboration with HR, to attract and retain top industry talent and develop high performing teams.
- Drive a culture that promotes collaboration, diversity and inclusion.
- Ensure a reputation of Claims excellence & service delivery in the marketplace.
- Demonstrate understanding of regulatory and compliance processes and ensure AIG stakeholders.
What we are looking for:
Technical skills and expertise
- Minimum 15+ years of insurance leadership experience, including oversight over multiple products and geographies.
- Deep expertise in Marine lines of business, expert technical underwriting background
- Knowledge of market segmentation, portfolio management, acquisition and distribution
- Proven Strategic Leadership skills in developing vision and purpose, driving for results and leading effective teams
- Established strong relationships with customers and intermediaries
- Demonstrated business savvy, analytical and quantitative skills
- Proven people management and leadership skills.
- Proven ability to manage a broad range of stakeholders.
- Highly collaborative approach across functions and geographies.
- Ability to manage and influence in a matrix structure and across a wide geography.
- Building effective teams
- Business acumen
- Customer focus
- Dealing with ambiguity
- Developing direct reports and others
- Drive for results
- Innovative management
- Managerial courage
- Optimizing work processes
- Organizational agility
- Peer relationships
- Presentation skills
- Problem solving
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.