CL - Claims
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
Service Net Warranty, LLC
AIG Warranty delivers a full range of service solutions including warranty management administration, extended service programs, customer service support, service network management, claims processing services, and service contract underwriting.
With over 20 years of experience, we are one of the warranty and service industry's leading providers, which is why many of the world's largest and most respected brands choose us. When retailers or manufacturers want flexible and innovative service solutions that will ensure the focus of building customer retention and customer satisfaction, they turn to us.
The Claims Examiner Team
We partner with companies that sell or manufacture appliances (like washers and dryers), electronics (like televisions), and personal computers (like laptops) and provide an extended warranty on their products. If something breaks, the customers call us. We work to determine if the issue is covered under their warranty, and if so, send a Service Provider to repair their item. First, another team at AIG (Customer Service Representatives) takes their call and prepares the customer information needed to start their claim. The Claims Examiner Team then takes over the project, working with our Dispatch team (who sets up the Service Providers all around the country to repair the items for the Customers), the Service Providers, and the Customer to ensure that the project is completed appropriately. Each Claims Examiner has their own projects, but works with other Claims Examiners as a team assisting all Customer and Service Providers. We strive to provide excellent service with enthusiasm and professionalism.
The Claims Examiner Role
Our Claims Examiners work directly with the Service Providers and our Customers to ensure that the projects moves forward with the support they need. Claims Examiners are responsible for receiving incoming calls and emails from Service Providers needing authorization for repairs for major appliances and consumer electronics. They also research part availability, and ensure pricing and quotes submitted are in line with industry standards. The Claims Examiners verify that failure and repairs are covered under the terms and conditions prior to authorizing the Service Providers to proceed with the project.
As a contributor at AIG, Claims Examiners are the ones our clients turn to in times of need. They act with speed, composure, compassion and knowledge to solve problems and the work they do every day is the heart of AIG's business.
The Claims Examiners:
- Answer incoming phone calls and emails from service providers seeking repair authorizations.
- Ask the right questions about the claim, evaluating each request to determine if AIG should repair or replace the product.
- Adjudicate claims for fair and reasonable repair charges.
- Research claims to determine what coverage options were purchased; make denial/approval of claims per the terms and conditions.
- Maintain knowledge of covered equipment, as relates to the price/replacement value.
- Handle research assignments and reporting as delegated by management.
- Maintain good working relationship during all contacts with clients, even during difficult conversations.
- Answer claims and coverage questions from other departments.
- Take responsibility for continuously improving processes and product knowledge, understanding of program coverage and exclusions.
- Act professionally by arriving to work on time, and maintaining their schedules.
What we are looking for
- A record of providing outstanding customer service (can be within a sales, retail, pharmacy, equipment repair, insurance, etc., environment)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill
- Experience in conflict resolution, or the ability to de-escalate tense situations, and comfortable in a role that requires some negotiations
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Analytical skills and the ability to search the internet for answers and market data
- Results oriented, and able to work well under pressure
- Excellent organizational skills- flexible with moving from project to project while keeping track of progress
- Professional attitude- we are looking for someone enthusiastic, reliable, and a team player.
- Flexible with moving from project to project while keeping track of progress
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Basic Excel, Word, and Outlook skills
- Great interpersonal communication
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines
Although prior Claims, Warranty, or Insurance experience is beneficial, AIG will train the right candidate to prepare them for success as a Claims Examiner. Candidates with experience in providing excellent customer service, moving quickly to keep many projects going at once, and the ability to keep organized records will be competitive for this role.
Employment at AIG Warranty
This is a full time position,working 40 hours per week. Our current shift starting times are between 8:00 am and 10:30 am, ending between 5:00 pm and 8:00 pm. All shifts work Monday through Friday.
AIG Warranty offers a first-class benefits package to their employees, and all benefits begin on day one of employment. A partial list of benefits include:
- Automatic employer contribution into 401k account, with an additional employer match opportunity
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance plans
- Opportunity to earn a performance-based annual bonus
- A robust amount of Paid Time off- with additional opportunities to take Paid Volunteer Time Off
AIG Warranty in Jeffersonville has a casual dress code, and a fun, friendly work environment. If this position sounds like it could be the right fit for the next step in your career, please apply today.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.