UW - Underwriting
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
National Union Fire Insurance Co of Pittsburgh, PA
Underwriter - Private Not-For-Profit (PNP) Group
(D&O, EPLI, PTL, FIDELITY)
Your Future Team:
AIG's underwriters develop insurance solutions that address the exposures of companies and individuals, and embody AIG's tradition of innovation, bringing to market groundbreaking insurance solutions for our changing world. AIG's underwriters help to find insurance solutions for risks from a range of areas including life insurance, aviation, financial lines, casualty, environmental, catastrophic events, high net worth individuals, and boardroom liabilities.
Your Contribution at AIG:
We are seeking an Underwriting professional for an exciting opportunity within the Financial Lines business segment. The successful candidate for this role will be responsible for:
- Marketing PNP products to insurance brokers (retail & wholesale) and existing or potential clients.
- Professionally maintain and service existing book of business as well as developing new business relationships.
- Develop critical business relationships with brokers and clients.
- Participate in various underwriting and marketing initiatives to improve company results.
- Work with management, the Insured, its broker and outside counsel on contract terms and conditions, as well as with the broker on premium.
- Other responsibilities as required
What We Are Looking For:
- 0 to 2+ years of relevant underwriting/underwriting support experience, PNP preferred but not required (including D&O, E&O, EPL, fiduciary, and fidelity bonds).
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with key producers and confidently discuss AIG's capabilities and the features of its specialty lines products.
- Superior written, analytical and interpersonal communication skills.
- Training or experience in financial and economic analysis
- Ability to successfully collaborate with others
- Strong marketing and analytical skills
- Self-starter with ability to work in a face paced team oriented environment
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent preferred (related subject (accounting or finance degree preferred but not required).
- Proficient general computer knowledge (MS Office)
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.