Trade Credit Multinational Underwriter
UW - Underwriting
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
National Union Fire Insurance Co of Pittsburgh, PA
AIG Trade Credit insures the export and domestic accounts receivable of a wide variety of corporate clients in diverse industries against the risk of a customer's non-payment due to bankruptcy/insolvency and global political events.
Based in our New York regional office, the Multinational Underwriter is responsible for:
- Support the underwriting of large multinational submissions, new and renewals for insureds selling agricultural input and output products into or out of Latin America and negotiating policy terms and conditions.
- Developing strong relationships with brokers and clients to grow the Multinational book of trade credit business.
- Working closely with the technology team to insure development of tools and systems that can be utilized in AIG's Trade Credit multinational space
- Support different colleagues and global offices to insure AIG's Multinational policy issuance end to end process is within expected SLA timeframe
- Manage the policy issuanceof the network partner practice to insure programs are issued in timely fashion when not issued via AIG office
- Support the Underwriting of new and renewal insurance submissions in various sectors, negotiate when needed policy terms and conditions
Analyzing domestic and international corporate credits, evaluating financial information, and recommending or approving appropriate credit limits and terms.
• Professionally maintaining and properly servicing an existing book of trade credit insurance business.
• Assisting in Marketing to brokers and insureds to increase submission flow.
• Engaging in various underwriting and marketing projects to improve overall company results.
Qualified candidates should have a background in credit or financial analysis, experience in reviewing Brazil Agriculture risk, proficiency in Microsoft Excel. Highly organized and communication skills are essential. MBA is plus. Additional language proficiency preferred. Underwriting, banking, or other credit analysis experiences preferred. Some travel required.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.