Medical Case Manager (Bilingual) RN or Paramedic
CL - Claims
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Travel Assist, Inc.
UNUSUAL AND INTERESTING JOB FOR EXPERIENCED Nurse or Paramedic with language fluency in one or more of the following; French, Italian, Spanish, German, Portuguese, Russian
We currently have a full time exciting and unique opportunity for an RN or Paramedic with language skills to join our Houston or Stevens Point Wisconsin office as a Medical Case Manager. This is a fantastic opportunity to use your medical knowledge and experience within a fast paced travel insurance environment.
AIG Travel is an emergency travel assistance company, providing services to insured travelers who suffer illness or injury during their travels. The Medical Case Manager (MCM) follows the client's case from the onset, and monitors the medical condition until the client is cleared for travel either by commercial air or if medically necessary, air ambulance. The MCM must rely on education, experience, assessment skills, and critical judgment to make determinations that ensure the client is receiving appropriate medical care, or take steps to arrange a medical evacuation to the nearest adequate facility as quickly as appropriate for the medical condition. Our clients travel the entire world and some cases present special challenges due to lack of resources such as local infrastructure, transportation, medical facilities, healthcare workers, needed medications, or supplies and remoteness of location.
If you are interested in working in a dynamic and unique environment using the skills and knowledge you have acquired as a seasoned healthcare professional, this is an opportunity you may not want to miss.
Whether your medical experience has been gained in General medicine, A&E or the military the following duties could well be a part of your next job:
• Medically monitor cases via telephone contact with treating medical providers and/or review
of medical reports
• Reviewing and/or recommending medically necessary travel requirements in conjunction with
treating physician and Travel Guard Physician on-duty.
• Performing case reviews to determine compatibility of medical condition and policy coverage,
including work with the claims department
• Demonstrating exemplary customer service skills, to include communicating with customers
and medical professionals.
• Working with Assistance Coordinators to assure quality assistance services to the client by
directing case management in relation to medical needs.
• Conferring with AIG Travel Doctor on-duty on medical cases to determine optimal direction
of case management.
• Demonstrating clear ability to work with others and promotes a collaborative environment that
facilitates growth of other team members and colleagues.
• Carrying out accountabilities and objectives within the framework of AIG Travel's
TCF (Treating Customers Fairly), TCP (Travel Compliance Protocol) & Training & Competence
To be considered for this position, candidates must be:
Registered Nurse or Paramedic
- Fluent in English and at least one other language (French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian)
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in EMS, Critical Care, Emergency Department
- Personal expertise and knowledge in emergency/critical care, aero medical transport services, and knowledge of flight physiology is a plus.
- Demonstrate critical independent thinking and ability to multi-task in situations where in the outcome is time sensitive.
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure with a high level of responsibility. Effective time management to be able to multi-task, prioritizes to meet varying tasks and deadlines and delegate.
- Strong communicator at all levels; verbally and written to build and maintain internal and external relationships.
- Typing skills required, computer skills required include comfort level in learning new and complex programs, proficiency in Microsoft office (Word, Excel)
The successful candidate will be required to conduct all duties in English and at least one other language.
Shift - 7p-7a, 3 days/week
*Position may be located in the Houston, TX or Stevens Point, WI office.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.