Senior Municipal Bond Trader and Junior Municipal Trader
· Proactively market fixed income securities to institutions and financial advisors.
· Conduct day-to-day trading operations; execute bond purchases and sales as authorized by portfolio managers or the Head of Trading.
· Provide sales service to institutions and financial advisors.
· Broker trades of fixed income securities including municipal bonds, corporate bonds, treasuries, agencies and structured products.
· Maintain current knowledge of all markets.
· Meet production goals.
· Perform other job-related duties.
· Keep current on trading trends and methodologies. Work to keep in the forefront of electronic trading and new methodologies for managing liquidity.
· May mentor/coach junior staff members
· Conduct outbound calls to generate new relationships
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· 3-5 yrs. experience trading fixed income securities. (Junior)
· 5-10 yrs. experience trading fixed income securities. (Senior)
· Previous Institutional Fixed Income Sales.
· Bachelor's Degree
· FINRA Series 7 & 66
· In-depth knowledge of Fixed Income Sales and Structured Products.
· Entrepreneurial, driven and results oriented.
· Experience working on commission basis.
· Demonstrated abilities in prospecting and relationship building via phone and marketing campaigns. Strong communication and presentation skills.
· Experience with Bloomberg, Microsoft Office, Salesforce.
Job Type: Full-time
· Sales: 3 years (Preferred)
· Fixed Income Trading: 3 years (Required)
- · Office or call center · Home
- Sales floor