Senior Derivatives Accountant
FA - Finance
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Markets, Inc.
This role is within AIG's Derivatives Accounting Group, which is a component of AIG Investments. In this role you will assist the accounting manager with monitoring, accounting, reporting and analysis of business activity related to derivatives at AIG Life & Retirement companies. This role will work with various groups within AIG's Investments and Finance organizations on a continual basis for on-going financial close related inquires and ad-hoc projects.
- Assist manager with preparation of monthly/quarterly general ledger entries for US GAAP and statutory insurance accounting.
- Prepare various financial schedules for US GAAP, Statutory, FRB and Department of the Treasury reporting purposes.
- Prepare accounting reconciliations and administer other applicable financial controls.
- Provide analytical support, including management reporting, for senior management at AIG Life & Retirement.
- Ensure compliance with relevant AIG policies and procedures for derivative accounting.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- Bachelor's degree in accounting.
- 3+ years of experience in accounting and/or finance in financial services industry. 1-2 years of experience working with FAS 133/157 preferred.
- Knowledge of derivative products/markets is preferred.
- Knowledge of SSAP 86 and experience with Schedule DB reporting is preferred.
- Knowledge of SAP GL is preferred.
- Experience with application of hedge accounting is preferred.
- Strong MS Excel skills, experience with handling large volume of data.
- Attention to details, clear/critical thinking, good written/verbal communication skills.
- Highly motivated and keen to develop and advance.
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.