Financial Service Associate, New Business
OP - Operations
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
Your future team
AIG, one of the largest insurance organizations in the world, has career opportunities in the Life & Retirement Business. With over 900 employees and growing, AIG is one of the top employers in Amarillo. If you are looking for a career opportunity where you can learn a business that helps customers secure their financial future then we look forward to hearing from you! As an Operations Processor in our operations group, you will be on the “front line” providing an exceptional customer service experience for our Brokers and Agents. In this entry level position you will be responsible for the new business application process from start to issuance.
Our career progression program will provide you with the opportunity to develop your skills, strengthen your productivity and be eligible to progressively advance to positions with an increased responsibility and increased compensation. We provide you with the training and opportunity for development along with a pay for performance culture to earn additional recognition.
This is an opportunity to start and grow your career and make an immediate impact in a financial industry that provides its customers with financial security! Get your foot in the door with a growing business within AIG where the right candidates can accelerate and continue to grow.
Your contribution at AIG
As a contributor at AIG you are the one the clients turn to in times of need. You act with speed, composure, compassion and knowledge to solve problems and the work you do every day is the heart of AIG's business and our clients! Help us be our client's most valued insurer. As an Operations Processor in our New Business area you will make outbound calls to carriers for updated status on incoming funds. You will assist policy assembly with review, assemble, and handle mailing of new policy packages and duplicate contracts across multiple lines of business utilizing various processing systems. Additional responsibilities may be assigned at the Supervisors discretion.
- Interact with Brokers, Broker-Dealers, Policyholders and other internal departments via phone and email.
- Review documents for accuracy and identify issues that need to be resolved
- Ability to research and resolve problems quickly
- Ensure compliance, quality, and production with all transactions
- Assist with daily audit reports and cross checks.
What we are looking for:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Computer experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Ability to maneuver between multiple operating systems
- Proven customer service skills
- Demonstrated logical thinking and problem solving skills
What our employees like most about working for AIG:
- Employee atmosphere and people approach
- Career path and growth potential
- Generous Paid Time Off (AIG recognizes the importance of work life balance)
- Generous Benefits Plan: FSA, Life Insurance, Medical, Dental & Vision Coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: Dollar for dollar matching up to 6% with immediate vesting plus an additional 3% from AIG.
- Company opportunities for local charitable and community participation and giving
AIG is one of the world's largest insurance organizations providing protection and financial solution, with a history dating back to 1919. Over 56,000 employees serve customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions around the globe. The Life and Retirement business provides Americans with protection, investment and income solutions needed for financial and retirement security.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.