Network Security Engineer
IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
The Network Security Engineer is part of Chief Technology Office (CTO) division that deliver infrastructure services to AIG worldwide. The position has regional responsibility for Network Security provision and operation across 49 countries for an organization with a mission critical network infrastructure supporting both high volume and high value transactions. This organization must continue to drive innovation and efficiency with current technology while evaluating and adopting as appropriate new technologies to meet future challenges.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Work collaboratively within the regional team delivering Networking services and assisting 3 rd Party service providers as appropriate.
- Assume responsibility for individual technical service delivery, engineering, and as necessary actively support operations for any high severity incidents impacting production service.
- Engage with the organization in the transitioning of new network technologies in support of a more virtualized and software defined infrastructure model.
- Provide specialist knowledge of network security systems including Firewalls, Internet Proxy systems, Application Load Balancers and IDS/IPS technologies.
- Proactively assist with managing risk to safeguard the company's reputation by fully complying with all legal and regulatory mandates and protecting the IT environment from vulnerability, disaster, and external attack.
- Assist the organization to increasingly deliver purpose built engineered solutions which are highly automated.
- Actively support process excellence and continual process improvements.
- Understand implications of architectural decisions, issues and plans to business and technology. Identify/mitigate risks to delivering high-quality solutions.
- Able to establish and maintain effective relationships with the customer and can gain their trust and respect.
- Can accurately scope out the length and difficulty of a task or project.
- Must be able to work effectively within a team that may comprise of both local and remote colleagues.
- Ability to present complex technology solutions in a simple way as well as being able to drill into detail.
- Strong communication skills - both written and verbal.
- Has experience in prioritization, process and problem analysis.
- Proven ability to work in a highly matrix'd organization to accomplish target goals.
- Minimum 5 + years' experience working within high value and large volume transactional organizations in a large scale and complex enterprise networking environment covering engineering, deployment, and operations.
- Proven experience and success as a network security engineer analysing, designing and implementing complex network security solutions to support long-term business needs, preferably within financial services industries.
- In-Depth understanding of networking security fundamentals including: Network topology, Data Center Infrastructure systems.
- Familiarity with ITIL v3 framework.
In Depth knowledge of following technologies:
- Internet Proxy Appliances; Bluecoat, AV, ProxySG , PAC file usage, Zscaler.
- Load balancers; Citrix Netscalers , F5 BigIP LTM/ASM, GTM.
- Security Firewalls; Palo Alto, Cisco ASA firewalls.
- IPSEC peer gateways termination and encryption algorithms.
- SSL VPN Concentrators, Pulse Secure and Juniper MAG10 appliances.
- IPS Technologies; Sourcefire , FireEye.
Knowledge with Network systems products as detailed:
- Cisco Networking & Data Centre core products.
- Wireless systems.
- WAN technologies/ protocols.
- IPAM, DNS, DHCP systems, IPControl etc.
- Engage with line manager to understand urgent business imperatives and assume responsibilities for any immediate tasks as directed.
- Familiarize yourself with distributed technology estate and ensure that you gain access to all systems and devices as appropriate.
- Understand the service request systems and change control processes as a minimum.
- Undertake any CBT such as compliance and confirm with Line manager and HR as completed.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.