Director, Internal Digital Communications
CM - Communications
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Employee Services, Inc.
We have an exciting high profile opportunity for a Director, Internal Digital Communications to join our Communications team. You will lead the strategy and development of our internal digital presence in partnership with key technical and communications stakeholders across the enterprise. This includes leading the strategy and approach to our intranet portal (Contact) and other current and emerging digital internal communications and collaboration assets, and meeting the needs of all clients while leveraging these platforms to drive AIG's culture. You will also have responsibility for facilitating department platforms / systems development, AIG's internal social programs (i.e. Yammer), and you will be an owner of related capabilities: web, mobile, content curation, knowledge management, etc. as required.
- Define internal communications digital strategy in partnership with key stakeholders across function and business lines
- Oversee AIG's intranet (Contact) as a business asset. Manage content and the look/feel of the site in close partnership with IT. Ensure that the site meets the diverse needs of clients. Establish best practices to engage the broader organization
- Act as a champion and change agent by building a network of productive relationships across businesses and function
- Coordinate required internal digital or intranet steering committees and identify funding, priorities, metrics, issues/risks, guidelines for internal digital assets and platforms
- Help communicate AIG's intranet strategy, vision and standards to users, stakeholders and senior leaders; establish best practices to engage the broader organization
- Manage a team responsible for internal/intranet digital operations, governance and content management
- Stay updated on new and emerging digital trends and opportunities that can drive employee engagement, enhance the employee experience and add business value.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define the success criteria for internal digital capabilities and partner with IT to track and measure effectiveness of communication and collaboration channels
- 10+ years' experience in Communications with strong emphasis on Digital, Intranet, and Content/Knowledge Management
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with systems/platforms include SharePoint and Office 365
- Highly collaborative, with ability to build relationships and deliver great client service to key stakeholders; Must be able to socialize new direction of team and educate on best practices
- Experience defining frameworks, creating formal processes and governance around digital presence and asset
- Capable of anticipating problems and mitigating key risks (i.e. loss of credibility, compliance, brand protection)
- Focus on creating superior user experiences
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
- Experience managing a team and delegating work
- Ability to translate business needs into actionable projects and tasks
- Bachelor's degree or higher in communications or related disciplines
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.