Business Strategy Analyst
PA - Planning & Acquisitions
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
National Union Fire Insurance Co of Pittsburgh, PA
Your future team
The Business Strategy Analyst analyzes possible solutions and solves a range of issues related to the strategic planning project(s) for the Global Reinsurance team in General Insurance by utilizing standard modeling and statistical procedures. The Business Strategy Analyst will work under a moderate level of guidance and direction and will participate in basic to moderately complex strategic planning projects. The Business Strategy Analyst is expected to use his/her experience to provide higher level analytical work and to contribute well-developed solutions to reinsurance-related tasks.
Your contribution at AIG
As an influencer at AIG, people come to you as a “go-to” source for help and support because of your deep knowledge and expertise. As a more experienced team member, you are capable of driving continual improvement and impacting the way that things get done. Because of your influence, whether direct or indirect, we are able to deliver powerful outcomes for our clients.
- Prepares business presentations for executive level audiences related to reinsurance.
- Performs assignments using own knowledge of the organization, processes and customers to handle projects, assist in, or support others who are responsible for developing the organizations strategic plan(s) to ensure the continued successful growth and profitability of the organization.
What we are looking for
- 1-3 years of relevant professional experience; insurance experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university.
- Working knowledge of financial statements and analysis.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work in dynamic, rapidly changing environment, adapting to changing requirements and collaborating with a wide range of colleagues to quickly deliver solutions.
- Ability to facilitate cross-function collaboration, especially regarding technical aspects.
- Detail-oriented with demonstrated ability to self-direct, prioritize work, and meet deadlines.
- Takes initiative on projects and assignments, seeks alternate solutions when necessary.
- Highly motivated and results-oriented.
- Exposure to insurance lines such as (Casualty, Property, etc.) is preferred.
- Experience in preparing highly polished business presentations for executive level audiences is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.