Sr. Cloud Engineer
IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
Sr. Cloud Engineer
AIG is seeking experienced candidates to join our team Public Cloud Team, servicing all business lines at AIG. The ideal candidate will be intimately familiar with Agile Development Principles, Mode 2 Application Release Methodologies, Public Cloud Architecture and Organizational Transformation.
This position will require the candidate to engage with the various CIO's, CTO's, DevOps teams, cloud and development architects across the organization to drive a cohesive public cloud strategy across all of AIG.
- Build relationships and trust with key business partners to understand application strategy and future needs.
- Build and lead a partnership focused cloud enablement team that works with CIO teams across AIG to design, develop, test and deploy cloud capabilities.
- Engage with the CIO teams to help them understand when and how to utilize public cloud platforms and track the progress of engagements.
- Co-develop the technical direction with the CIO teams and drive the development requirements for public cloud platforms.
- Co-define and maintain a cohesive public cloud roadmap that optimizes investment and coordinates efforts across all of the CIO teams, including application, data and technology.
- Expert knowledge of Amazon Web services such as VPC, EC2, EBS, ELB, RDS, Cloudwatch, Direct Connect etc
- Experience with AWS identities, roles, attributes and policies related to cloud implementation
- Evaluate and implement technologies that improve efficiency, performance and reliability
- Experience in building Continuous Build using various source code repositories, Jenkins, Docker, Artifactory/Nexus.
- Experience developing and driving public cloud strategy for large multi-national organizations.
- Deep experience engaging with CTO's, CIO's and application architecture across the organization to define enterprise cloud services and drive cohesive strategy.
- Expert in agile methodology and processes for development and sustainment activities.
- Expert in hybrid cloud solutions and patterns for enterprise consumption.
- Expert with automation techniques/technologies, such as Chef, Ansible, Salt, Vagrant and Packer.
- Experience with scripting repetitive tasks with Bash, Ruby, Perl, Terraform, etc.
- Experience developing cost/benefit modeling and creating compelling business cases for cloud migration.
- Expert understanding of cloud security and cloud security practices.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of micro-services architectures.
- Experience with development platforms based on Microsoft, Java, and others.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect (or equivalent experience)
Years of Experience Required:
- 10+ years IT experience
- 1+ years Terraform
- 1+ years Salt, Chef and Ansible
- 2 + years AWS
- 5 years system design
Experience managing CICD pipelines
+1 yr experience with Artifactory
+1 yr Github experience
+1 yr XLdeploy/release
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.