OP - Operations
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
Your future team
AIG, one of the largest insurance organizations in the world, has career opportunities in the Life & Retirement Business. With over 900 employees and growing, AIG is one of the top employers in Amarillo. If you are looking for a career opportunity where you can learn a business that helps customers secure their financial future then we look forward to hearing from you!
The Business Analyst will work as the liaison between Operations business units and IT. Assisting with development of business process improvements, system enhancements, and issue resolution are key responsibilities of the Business Analyst. The focus of this position will be to investigate and research business issues raised through Service Requests from other operations areas. The BA supports Project Management by providing data obtained from various AIG systems and must have or attain good working knowledge of AIG core systems within 3 months.
We provide you with the training and opportunity for development along with a pay for performance culture to earn additional recognition and bonuses.
This is an opportunity to start and grow your career and make an immediate impact in a financial industry that provides its customers with financial security! Get your foot in the door within a growing division at AIG where the right candidates can accelerate and continue to grow.
Your contribution at AIG
As a contributor at AIG you are the one the clients turn to in times of need. You act with speed, composure, compassion and knowledge to solve problems and the work you do every day is the heart of AIG's business.
- Within the first six (6) months, the person in this position is expected to:
- Handle multiple concurrent assignments with varying priorities and adjust work accordingly to meet deadlines.
- Assisting with business process improvements and ensure that developed solutions meet business needs and requirements. Must be self-driven to investigate solutions, obtain data, and draw logical conclusions leading to solutions.
- Pro-active analysis and resolution of Operations business/systems issues
- Follow a plan and timeline and coordinate task related activities to ensure that tasks are accomplished within the prescribed period and budget parameters
- Develop and maintain task lists and meeting task deadlines
- Ad Hoc reporting in support of Operations initiatives
- Data extraction and analysis. Analyze and evaluate data and convert into value added management information
- Financial industry experience useful, or metrics / analytical experience in any industry
- Knowledge of internal systems useful but not required. Understand relationships between systems, processes, products and the impact to the projects and business objectives.
What we are looking for
- The BA is expected to have an intermediate level working knowledge of Excel, Visio, Powerpoint, MS Project, Word, and Outlook.
- At least 1 year experience with some type of business metrics, data mining, analysis, and management reporting is required.
- Must have excellent communication and analytical skills - written and verbal.
- Exceptional people skills - Ability to build strong relationships and work with people at all levels to solve problems and overcome obstacles.
- Must work efficiently and effectively to meet desired deadlines
- High level of initiative to move projects/assignments forward and often- independently consider options/alternatives and make informed recommendations
- Some overtime may be required occasionally.
- Some college required, degree preferred
- Knowledge of SharePoint, PowerHouse, Crystal Reports, Access, helpful but not required in order to be able to create meaningful Management Information, reports, etc.
What our employees like most about working for AIG:
- Employee atmosphere and people approach
- Career path and growth potential
- Generous Paid Time Off (AIG recognizes the importance of work life balance)
- Generous Benefits Plan: FSA, Life Insurance, Medical, Dental & Vision Coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: Dollar for dollar matching up to 6% with immediate vesting plus an additional 3% from AIG.
- Company opportunities for charitable participation and giving
AIG is one of the world's largest insurance organizations providing protection and financial solution, with a history dating back to 1919. Over 56,000 employees serve customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions around the globe. The Life and Retirement business provides Americans with protection, investment and income solutions needed for financial and retirement security.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.