Sr. Consultant - Application Development
IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
Purpose of Job :
Provide consultation and guidance to client and development management and staff in all phases of system development and implementation process. Participates in implementing recommended solutions.
- Consults with business area management regarding technical alternatives or enhancements that are consistent with business strategy or industry maxims. Interacts with systems users in carrying out these responsibilities.
Must be able to recommend and develop solutions to business needs.
Consults with senior business management to identify current and future business requirements and recommend alternatives to support the strategic directions of the business.
Must be able to evaluate business requests for new or reengineered applications to determine their feasibility, the cost and time they will require and their compatibility with current systems and architecture standards.
Recommend solutions and design, plan and implement complex applications.
Modifies, codes and tests new enhanced systems and programs from general requirements.
Investigates and resolves moderately complex systems and programming problems.
Recommends solutions and recommends design improvements for increased efficiency.
Functions independently at a high programming level with responsibility for meeting plans and schedules.
Support production and develop estimates for Project Requests.
Mentor Junior Staff in the team
May manage a small group of developers
Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field preferred.
- 6-9 years of experience in analyzing and solving business problems including experience in the financial services industry preferred.
- Knowledge of industry, business and company.
- Negotiation, interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of systems development life cycle and implementation.
- Working knowledge of environments: distributed, mainframe, mobile and or web.
- Working knowledge of applicable languages, software, and one or more applicable database languages and testing tools.
- Project and people management skills.
- Leadership, communication and technical skills.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.