Event Planning Assistant
AS - Administrative Support
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG PC Global Services, Inc
Job Position Title - Event Assistant, General Insurance
This meaningful role is for a high-achieving Event Assistant who will serve as a pivotal member of the Global Events' planning team.
Scheduling & Logistics
- Support Global Events team with execution and logistics on all events.
- Responsible for researching, vetting, and updating lists of vendors including caterers, florists, entertainment, décor, gift ideas, speakers' bureaus, DMCs, restaurants and venues.
- Book flights/hotels/cars for team.
- Order and restock office supplies and special event supplies.
- Inventory supplies and branded item stock.
- Book conference rooms.
- Schedule meetings.
- Submit guest names to building security.
- Pack, ship, and track event supplies and/or collateral to events.
- Manage and liaise any issues that require Executive Support.
- Create and print event name badges, tent cards, and dinner cards.
- Assist with briefing books.
Database Management & Administration
- Assist with proofing and editing collateral materials, registration websites, and invitations.
- Assist with registering all events in Cvent.
- Submit monthly Concur T&E expense reports for team.
- Submit monthly AMEX Meeting Card expense reports and check requisitions.
- Submit and process event invoices and track checks and wire transfers.
- Update GI Events Calendar (AIG Holidays and International Holidays).
- Develop site visit itineraries.
- Create event contact lists.
- Manage Events Team and ELT Contact Lists.
- Will be assigned specific event related tasks on all upcoming events to be further defined once on board.
- Bachelor's Degree with 1-2 years in Event Management, preferably in Professional Services or Financial Services.
- Must be able to multi task and be comfortable working in a fast-pace environment.
- Strong project and time management skills. Must be able to prioritize projects.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Exceptional Customer Service skills and ability to work with C Suite Executives.
- Some travel will be required. 10% - 20%.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.