Senior Accountant - Homeowner Association Management
FA - Finance
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
Spruce Peak Realty, LLC
This position is with Spruce Peak Realty, the developer and management company of the luxury mountain community located in Stowe, Vermont. Spruce Peak is the center of mountain culture in the East and achieves this distinction through cultivating closer connections between people and the land. All Spruce Peak employees are responsible for transforming the experience for guests, owners and fellow associates into lifelong memories.
Assist the Homeowners' Association Manager with accounting, financial reporting, clerical and organizational requirements. Performs accurate financial transactions and maintains records for the assigned Associations. Support and assist owners, vendors and co-workers with ongoing daily operations and financial activities. This person will report to the HOA Manager.
- Around 2 years or more of business operations and accounting experience.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or business management equivalent.
- Interacts with employees, owners and business associates with poise and diplomacy.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of accounting systems (Peachtree/Sage 50 preferred).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral diagrammatic, or schedule form.
- Ability to edit reports for accuracy and correspondence for proper format, punctuation, spelling and grammar.
- Ability to perform sedentary work (defined as exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body; sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, and requires walking or standing only occasionally).
- Visual acuity necessary to prepare and analyze data and figures, for accounting, for transcription, for computer terminal use, for extensive reading, for visual inspection involving small defects and small parts, using measurement devices, and assembly or fabrication of parts at distances close to the eye.
JOB DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
The list below best represents the majority of the tasks you will be asked to perform at some time during your employment in this position. It is not intended to represent all of the tasks because we cannot predict all of the variety of challenges we must face in providing the product our guests expects. We intend never to ask you to perform a task that is inherently unsafe or that you are not adequately trained to perform.
- Prepare and record all cash receipts for payments to Accounts Receivable.
- Review AR accounts on a regular basis for accuracy and prepare monthly statements.
- Review for accuracy all submitted invoices for payment, including support, and obtain required approvals.
- Enter invoices, balance and obtain payment approval, for check payments.
- Prepare and post monthly general ledger entries, including all required accruals and pre-paid accounts.
- Reconcile all general ledger balance sheet accounts monthly.
- Reconcile and post depreciation and maintain fixed asset files quarterly.
Other Accounting Functions:
- Performs monthly bank account reconciliations as requested.
- Maintain accurate accounting files and records.
- Maintain accurate Owner files and records.
- Maintain accurate Vendor files and records.
- Perform an Insurance audit for all Vendors monthly.
- Record weekly transactions and balance the Propane Vaporizer system monthly.
- Maintain and monitor Vendor contracts and requirements.
- Work with other business entities (SPR, SMC, JV), as requested, to ensure proper segregation of duties is followed.
Other Homeowners' Association Functions:
- Assist with preparation and distribution of meeting notices and materials.
- Attend meetings and prepare draft minutes.
- Assist with other notifications, letters, and correspondence as requested.
- Assist with set up and archive of all business records.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.