Senior Data Analyst
IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
Senior Data Analyst
Your future team
Our technology teams collaborate with their worldwide colleagues and partners every day to take on the challenges of providing IT support to one of the world's leading financial services firm. We're people who believe that with the right values and hard work, anything is possible. We know that if we're at our best, that enables our customers to be their best and realize their dreams and hoped for successes. The Information Technology group provides enterprise-wide IT solutions for all of AIG's specialized disciplines. Technology provides strategic and procedural support in all of AIG's specialized disciplines, such as policy issuance, premium collection, claims handling, and administration. It enables AIG to deliver business strategies through efficient world-class IT and operations services, while ensuring the necessary IT risk management and security measures are in place.
The AIG Life Team seeks a Senior Data Analyst to work closely with our business partners as we further transform to a data driven organization. In this role you will be in a lead position to analyze our system of record data assets in relation to business processes and information needs. You will enable the acquisition, transformation, presentation, and utilization of this data to provide valuable business intelligence. This position works directly with business stakeholders and data consumers to understand business use cases and related business outcomes; translating those needs to enable successful data management.
Your contribution at AIG
As a Leader, you are respected for your deep business acumen and technical expertise. You balance the needs of multiple business and technical stakeholders, making sound decisions using data analysis, experience, and judgment, along with a risk mindset. Ultimately, you take ownership for key outcomes.
The Senior Data Analyst serves as a liaison between our data teams and our business partners, recommending end to end data solutions that align to our strategic data driven vision. The Senior Data Analyst will play a key role, working with other data leads to design our target state data analysis, definition, lineage, storage, and processing in a cloud based architecture.
- Works with business stakeholders to understand business objectives and requirements, developing detailed data requirements and conducting gap analysis
- Develops logical and conceptual data flows that are in support of business requirements and guides various business departments in appropriate and effective use of data
- Identifies, evaluates, and documents potential data sources in support of business requirements
- Identifies and resolves data gaps that impact the fulfillment of the business' functional requirements and business objectives
- Pairs critical thinking with hands on usage of state of the art tools to perform data mining, statistical analysis, data pattern recognition, explanatory and predictive modeling
- Produce adhoc reports to support business needs
What we are looking for
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent job experience
- 5+ years of experience delivering analytical data warehouse solutions
- Strong SQL and Excel background
- Strong Insurance Domain background
- Understanding of Industry standard data formats (DTCC/ACORD)
- Familiarity with BI reporting tools for data visualization
- Familiarity with Data processing programing language, R or Python beneficial
- Ability to analyze, model and interpret data
- Hands-on, demonstrated skills in processing large data sets
- Familiarity with data structure and Big Data concepts
- Experience with cloud computing, open-source tools and optimization techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A methodical and logical approach with high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- The ability to plan work and meet deadlines
- Strong client focus and the ability to support and enable teamwork
- Self-motivated leader with ability to operate independently with limited guidance and direction.
What our IT Employees like most about working for AIG:
- Employee atmosphere and people approach
- Career path and growth potential
- Paid Time Off (AIG recognizes the importance of work life balance)
- Generous Benefits Plan: Medical, Dental & Vision Coverage
- Company opportunities for charitable participation and giving
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
- Opportunity to travel to other worldwide AIG locations
- Flexible spending accounts & Insurance Coverage
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.