Digital Platform Delivery Lead
IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
Digital Platform Delivery Lead
Your future team
Our technology teams collaborate with their worldwide colleagues and partners every day to take on the challenges of providing IT support to one of the world's leading financial services firm. We're people who believe that with the right values and hard work, anything is possible. We know that if we're at our best, that enables our customers to be their best and realize their dreams and hoped for successes. The Information Technology group provides enterprise-wide IT solutions for all of AIG's specialized disciplines. Technology provides strategic and procedural support in all of AIG's specialized disciplines, such as policy issuance, premium collection, claims handling, and administration. It enables AIG to deliver business strategies through efficient world-class IT and operations services, while ensuring the necessary IT risk management and security measures are in place.
The Digital Platform Delivery Lead will be joining AIG Life, a highly dynamic organization that believes in continuous improvement & technology innovation is fundamental to winning in the marketplace. The Life business has a proven track record of successful business and technology transformations, and we believe the Connext digital platform presents an opportunity to drive both; a superior field and customer experience as well as efficiency. For the right candidate this position offers an opportunity to showcase your talent at scale, as well as an opportunity to develop your career working directly with change agents within AIG Life.
Your contribution at AIG
As a Leader, you are respected for your deep technical expertise and/or ability to oversee programs and processes. You balance the needs of multiple stakeholders, making sound decisions using data, analysis, experience, and judgment, along with a risk mindset. Ultimately, you take ownership for key outcomes.
The Digital Platform Delivery Lead will be accountable for the buildout of Connext platform and strategic digital capabilities for the AIG organization. This leader will partner directly with AIG Life operations and distribution leadership as well as others to understand business objectives & desired capabilities for driving the business forward. The leader will partner in the development of business cases, own the development of capability & execution roadmaps and ultimately be accountable for the quality and timely delivery of the desired digital solutions. This leader will also be accountable to define, implement, and manage end to end delivery practices of Connext that maximize efficiency and quality, reduce risk, and deliver maximum benefit to consumers and stakeholders. This position will be a member of the Solutions Delivery Team.
What we are looking for
- Proven track record of driving business outcomes through close business collaboration; driving end-to-end solution delivery (ideation through operational support)
- Proven track record of driving thoughtful and right sized technology solutions, iterating over time to achieve a target state
- Experience implementing digital platforms using Java based APIs and Microsites
- Life insurance experience, ideally across business domains e.g. New Business, Post-Issue, Licensing & Commissions, Underwriting etc.
- Experience with integrating Vendor/Partner Solutions e.g. Policy Admin, Claims, Content etc.
- Experience developing delivery roadmaps (Business & Technology) & Iterative Delivery through Agile and SDLC
- Expertise in MS Project, Visio & PowerPoint.
- Expertise in defining and producing delivery metrics
- Expertise in developing, implementing, managing effective demand management techniques and tools
- Experience applying continuous improvement mindset and methodologies to both processes implemented & underlying technology implementation
- Experience managing cross functional teams (direct & matrixed)
- Financial and Contract management
- Experience building high performing teams
What our IT Employees like most about working for AIG:
- Employee atmosphere and people approach
- Career path and growth potential
- Paid Time Off (AIG recognizes the importance of work life balance)
- Generous Benefits Plan: Medical, Dental & Vision Coverage
- Company opportunities for charitable participation and giving
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
- Opportunity to travel to other worldwide AIG locations
- Flexible spending accounts & Insurance Coverage
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.