Head of Contact Center
IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
Job ID: JR1814369 Head of Contact Center
Your Future Team
Fortitude Re: In 2016, AIG created a third reporting segment, Legacy, to manage non-core assets and liabilities, and businesses in run-off, with the objective of balancing the benefits of return of capital or capital redeployment, with potential near-term reductions in book value. The launch of the Fortitude Re entity in 2017 (formally DSA Re) was an important early step in achieving that objective. AIG continued the Fortitude Re strategy by announcing a strategic partnership with The Carlyle Group to achieve the long-term vision for Fortitude Re. Fortitude Re currently reinsures $36 billion of AIG's Legacy Life and Annuity and General Insurance liabilities. Fortitude Re's diversified risk portfolio, strong claims operation, and efficient administration capabilities provide the foundation for a platform that can be scaled over time to offer unique solutions to external parties. AIG and Carlyle plan to build Fortitude Re into a standalone platform with financial strength that complements its strategically differentiated capabilities. For more information, please visit http://www.aig.com/investor-relations
Opportunity: The position of Contact Center leader is a key strategic and operational leadership role and will help bring excellence to our practices and technology environment. The primary responsibilities include:
Operations Management: Managing, supervising and coordinating the activities of call center professionals in providing customer service. Maintaining strong partnerships with partners and stakeholders. Finding ways to improve first contact resolution, customer satisfaction, unit costs, and other customer-specific metrics while consistently meeting operational metrics.
Strategy & Technologies: Shape the future of the Contact Center operation and improve the customer experience by providing technology leadership. This position will work with technology partners on initiatives to achieve department objectives from strategy to planning to delivery. This will include project & resource planning, requirements, solution design, and project execution.
Implementation and growth: Lead efforts in establishing and building out new contact centers and forecasting and maintaining service levels within centers experiencing accelerated growth.
- Build a modern Contact Center utilizing emerging technologies and process to achieve superior customer outcomes
- Manage, supervise and coordinate the activities of call center professionals/teams.
- Ensure the Contact Center meets all performance standards in terms of quality, efficiency, costs, and compliance.
- Continuously review the department's performance against standards and policies and, for any variations, identify the root causes & solution paths, and coordinate closure.
- Identify training needs and coordinate training priorities and sessions with training partners.
- Actively engage in and oversee workforce management activities in order that staffing levels, schedules, and compliance are sufficient and right-sized to meet department objectives.
- Support and promote the development of the Contact Center's strategy to ensure the business delivery model is customer oriented, efficient & effective, compliant and that business objectives are achieved.
- Act as business/project owner of the Call Center's technology strategy.
- Collaborate with and engage a multitude of other players to develop and implement the best integrated technology solutions.
- Develop and manage both short and long-range plans and implementation roadmaps based on business priorities and technology strategy.
- Own and coordinate CC technology initiatives and work with technology partners in identifying business needs & priorities, defining business requirements, planning, testing, and implementing.
- Drive annual budgeting process around investments in technology.
- Apply continuous operational improvement approach.
What we are looking for
- Experience and/or deep knowledge of virtual agents, Natural Language Voice Response, and predictive analytics methods and tools
- Significant background and experience in call center operations and technologies (including telephony, WFM, IVR, CTI, call recording, speech analytics, satisfaction surveys, offshore operations, etc.)
- Ability to manage a portfolio of concurrent projects delivering business outcomes on-time & on-budget.
- Experience in building and establishing contact centers from the ground up, incorporating best in class practices and technology.
- Driven to take action and achieve results
- Strong communication skills with ability to work well with technology partners and to articulate industry and business concepts to diverse audiences and present to senior management.
- Ability to leverage data and metrics to help drive decision-making
- Able to identify, foster, and drive innovation.
- BA/BS degree required, MBA is a plus
- Minimum of 15 years of professional experience in contact center management and significant knowledge of life and annuity contracts.
- Minimum of 10 years of Call Center management experience
- Ability to travel as required (0 - 35%)
- Proven track record of building collaborative partnerships and alliances at all levels while holding people accountable
- Thinks strategically to set direction aligned to company/business strategy
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Focuses on customers to create experiences that meet or exceed expectations to achieve a competitive advantage
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.