Senior UX / Product Designer - Science Team
FA - Finance
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Employee Services, Inc.
Job ID: JR1814062 Senior UX / Product Designer - Science Team
The Science team at AIG develops AI-first products (apps and services that use machine learning to inform and assist their users) for both the insurance and investment arms of AIG. This is mainly achieved through:
Incubation of disruptive innovation (through scientists, engineers and designers working together) Machine learning R&D (and publication in top AI/ML conferences and journals) Machine-learning advisory / consultancy to AIG's global businesses
The resulting solutions and innovations aim to reinvent AIG's internal processes, improve AIG's offerings to its clients (in line with the company's mission to be its clients' most valued insurer), and ultimately disrupt the wider insurance industry.
As a critical role in Science's success, we are looking to hire Designers to join our team and contribute to the development of disruptive apps / products, and creation of compelling experiences. This work will happen in collaboration with the rest of Science team, as well as our users / clients / partners.
This is an exciting opportunity to enjoy state-of-the-art research and development; be challenged and grow as a designer of new AI products; and contributing and leading the development of game-changing products for the insurance industry.
- Collaborate with Scientists, Product and Engineering teams in finding simple solutions for complex problems.
- Ownership of a significant part of the team's solution design, and rapid prototyping for a variety of platforms / devices and use cases.
- Laser-focus on the user experience and a willingness to question the status quo; keeping up with the evolving landscape of available tools, technologies and resources.
- Demonstrating end-to-end understanding of applications being created, and helping design elegant, efficient, intuitive, and delightful products.
- The ability to articulate design and UX strategy to stakeholders and cross-functional partners - with clear concepts and clean execution.
The Candidate Must Have:
- Strong conceptual thinking while being strategically grounded.
- Thorough knowledge of Human/User Centered Design frameworks and processes within the web and mobile product development.
- Demonstrated success conceiving and conducting user research and usability testing.
- Ability to identify and present actionable research insights to business stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience creating designs and interfaces in line with current design best practices.
- General know-how of UX and accessibility best practices, as well as prototyping skills (e.g., expertise with software for creating rapid user experience wireframes and prototypes).
- Understanding of the web development process.
- Experience being part of a product development team and working in multiple work streams.
- Well accustomed to Agile working methods based on fast iteration and validation cycles.
- Ability to communicate design concepts/ decisions in a convincing and clear way.
The Ideal Candidate Would Also Have:
- Experience in creation of style guides for use by others.
- Familiarity with tools for creation of animations for web.
- Ability to visualise AI and data-heavy information.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.