Senior Trade Manager (Trading Operations) - Houston, TX
FA - Finance
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: Yes
American General Life Insurance Company
As Director of trade settlement in the Variable Product Accounting (“VPA”) group, the candidate will be responsible for proper review of all daily trading, reconciliation, and settlement processes executed by a staff of 6 to ensure all trades are executed accurately related to the various variable annuity, variable universal life products, and group retirement plans offered across all of the AIG companies. The work hours will vary depending on the changing workload, but will begin no later than 3 AM each day the New York Stock Exchange is open and will be subject to hourly deadlines. The candidate will be required to have a full and in depth understanding of trade execution processes through NSCC, fund companies, transfer agents, and third party administrators with the urgency required to meet stringent trade deadlines. The candidate should be capable of working in a fast paced environment and possess excellent communication skills needed for trade verification and problem-solving.
As a People Manager and Leader, you make the difference in an employee's experience at work. Great managers provide direction, motivate and grow talent, and empower and coach teams toward higher levels of performance. You are respected for your deep technical expertise and/or ability to oversee programs and processes. You balance the needs of multiple stakeholders, making sound decisions using data, analysis, experience,
The candidate must have intermediate to advanced Excel skills and be able to maintain and modify existing complex spreadsheets used for reconciliation and reporting. The candidate will also be responsible to ensure that all monthly analysis and reconciliations are performed accurately and timely by the staff which includes working with various audit groups. A strong understanding of accounting entries needed for separate accounts is ideal.
This position reports to the Vice President of Variable Product Accounting in the AIG L&R Accounting Operations department. This position works closely with other areas within VPA such as pricing and performance as well as numerous administration Implementation and Operations groups, Legal, Financial Reporting, and internal and external audit teams as well as senior management.
• Lead the trade settlement staff so that rigid trade deadlines established by NSCC, fund companies, and transfer agents are met and that no trade errors occur during the daily trade functions.
• Ensure that the staff maintains accurate and well-documented work papers that support all trades needed for internal and external audits as well as regulatory agencies.
• Implement strong and documented procedural processes for the trade settlement staff. This includes establishing improvements in all aspects of trade settlement functions.
The ideal candidate should have:
• 7 - 10 years of experience in trade execution and related financial systems
• Ability to supervise a trade settlement staff to ensure all daily trades are executed accurately and timely
• Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance including either CPA or MBA credentials.
• Ability to analyze data and research technical, accounting and financial issues
• Experience working in a large company environment, insurance, mutual fund, or financial systems industry
Benefits: 24 days of paid time off annually (PTO), holiday pay, automatic 3% 401K contribution. Additional 6% company 401K match program (100% vesting from day 1), medical, dental, vision, life insurance and more....
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.