Senior Vice President, Sales and Marketing
VA - Validus
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 50%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG GLOBAL ASSET MANAGEMENT HOLDINGS CORP
First Principles Capital Management, LLC (FPCM), a leader in solutions-based fixed income asset management and alternative fixed income strategies, is seeking a sales and marketing professional to assist in expanding its institutional asset management business. FPCM is a wholly-owned subsidiary of American International Group (AIG).
The successful candidate will be responsible for identifying, acquiring, and servicing asset management mandates and investments in fixed income products from institutional investors, with a focus on expanding the firm's reach into insurance companies and pension funds and the consultants and advisors that serve these investors.
- Execute prospecting activities, grow assets under management, and service and support client relationships in select institutional market segments. The ideal candidate would have the experience necessary to help expand the firm's business with insurance companies, pension funds, and their advisors
- Harness established relationships with targeted institutional client segments and leading advisors, including traditional investment consultants and outsourced chief investment officer (OCIO) firms, that complement the firm's existing relationships
- Identify new mandates and product searches and precipitate new business opportunities
- Collaborate with business development, marketing, and investment team colleagues to develop sophisticated separate account investment strategies and derivatives hedging solutions for institutional clients
- Work with business development, marketing, and investment team members to develop new product offerings for targeted institutional client segments in collaboration with product specialists at the parent organization
- Assist with development of presentation materials and related marketing collateral for the firm's offerings
- Work jointly with and mentor associates on the business development team
- Bachelor's degree, or foreign equivalent
- 7-10+ years of direct experience at a relevant investment management firm marketing fixed income strategies and products to institutional investors and their advisors
- Demonstrated success in raising assets under management within a consultative sales and marketing culture
- Ability to develop strong client relationships and an in-depth understanding of client needs
- Extensive network of direct institutional investor relationships; insurance companies and pension funds a plus
- Extensive network of relationships within the OCIO and consultant community, including large global organizations with significant U.S. based operations, regional firms, and relevant specialist organizations
- Relationships with OCIO and consulting firms dedicated to serving the insurance company and pension fund client segments a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent presentation and communication skills and executive presence to represent FPCM at external events, conferences, and with senior executives of client institutions
- Sound time management skills and ability to manage multiple deadlines independently
- Knowledge and understanding of financial markets and investment products across the range of traditional fixed income assets is required
- Fixed income derivatives knowledge
- Alternative fixed income knowledge a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Travel required
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.