IT Project Manager III
IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
Your future team
Our technology teams collaborate with their worldwide colleagues and partners every day to take on the challenges of providing IT support to one of the world's leading financial services firm. We're people who believe that with the right values and hard work, anything is possible. We know that if we're at our best, that enables our customers to be their best and realize their dreams and hoped for successes. The Information Technology group provides enterprise-wide IT solutions for all of AIG's specialized disciplines. Technology provides strategic and procedural support in all of AIG's specialized disciplines, such as policy issuance, premium collection, claims handling, and administration. It enables AIG to deliver business strategies through efficient world-class IT and operations services, while ensuring the necessary IT risk management and security measures are in place.
Your contribution at AIG
As a Leader, you are respected for your deep technical expertise and/or ability to oversee programs and processes. You balance the needs of multiple stakeholders, making sound decisions using data, analysis, experience, and judgment, along with a risk mindset. Ultimately, you take ownership for key outcomes.
Lead Incident Management resolution. Coordinate with appropriate development and production support groups to resolve critical production issues. Ensure communication to business and management and follow up on RCA completion.
Work with vendors, internal client management, project team members and stakeholders to define project scope, resource requirements, budget, timeline, deliverables and milestones.
Define/refines project objectives and tasks, evaluates various courses of action and selects the best alternative to attain project goals.
Manage projects through all phases of the development life cycle, including initiation, requirements and specifications, design, construction, testing, installation and post implementation review.
Oversees/participates in the identification/review of the organization's risk management policies and procedures, assesses the risk tolerance levels of stakeholders and identifies preliminary risk for project viability. Manages risk throughout the project life cycle and makes contingency plans to manage issues that pose risk to budget, time delivery or functionality.
Assist with the development of the program strategy, supporting business case and various enterprise-wide high-level project plans.
Ensures integration of projects and adjusts project scope, timing and budgets as needed, based on the needs of the business.
Communicate with IT le• Bach
adership, business leadership and/or IT business consultants to communicate program strategy, direction and change
May oversee and monitor annual budget process including; budget development, monthly reporting against forecast and actuals; Expense monitoring; review of cost benefits analysis of project business cases, inventory management of hardware and software licenses.
What we are looking for
• Bachelor's degree and insurance experience preferred.
• Experience leading infrastructure projects and technical knowledge of various infrastructure components (servers, storage, network).
• Professional certification in program or project management from Project Management Institute (PMI) or other recognized certifying authority preferred.
• Previous management with both in-house development teams as well as vendor supported applications.
• Financial responsibility of project or area operating budget.
• Technical management background, ability to match business plans with cost effective technical solutions.
• Experience managing project technical leads.
• Experience setting and managing budgets and timelines.
• Experience managing multiple projects.
• Experience defining project Key performance Indicators (KPIs).
• Knowledge of the system development life cycle and application program.
• Knowledge of various infrastructure components (servers, storage, network).
• Knowledge of cloud technologies
• Knowledge of budgeting/accounting/finance concepts preferred.
• Analytical and technical skills.
• Communications and interpersonal skills.
• Team building and coaching skills.
• Architectural understanding of traditional mainframe, two-tier client/server and multi-tier web development.
• Leadership, management, communication and technical skills.
• Able to manage team interaction between core application development teams located throughout the world.
• Ability to manage multiple projects or a single large project within a business department.
• Knowledge of business processes.
• Strong background in various technical solutions; has strong development and maintenance experience.
• Strong business acumen and have demonstrated leadership skills.
• Instill collaboration with their teams.
• Knowledge of development methodologies, project planning and risk/issue management.
• Strong leadership, interpersonal, organizational, & time management skills.
• Familiar with multiple SDLC methodologies such as waterfall and agile.
• Familiarity with Project management Software applications such as Microsoft Project and HP Project & Portfolio Management.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.