Supervisory Controls Analyst
CP - Compliance
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
Supervisory Controls Analyst
AIG Financial Network
Picture yourself building a successful career at AIG working alongside other talented, highly motivated individuals committed to reaching our goal of becoming the world's leading insurance provider. We believe that our success depends on building a world class team committed to cultural diversity and inclusion. We invite you to consider putting your talents to work with the AIG Financial Network supporting the compliance and development of our sales professionals. Our Financial Network channel focuses on building career insurance professionals focused on serving the needs of Asian-Americans in the United States and is supported by a strong Home Office multi-cultural team. Our group includes Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, Taiwanese and Asian Indian professionals serving the communities in multiple locations around the country. Our team delivers on AIG's promise to our customers, our clients, our shareholders, and each other.
Your contribution at AIG
As an influencer at AIG, people come to you as a “go-to” source for help and support because of your deep knowledge and expertise. As a more experienced team member, you are capable of driving continual improvement and impacting the way that things get done. Because of your influence, whether direct or indirect, we are able to deliver powerful outcomes for our clients.
- Responsible for the development of FN office personnel to ensure strong compliance knowledge and conformance with AIG compliance and other policy requirements.
- Conduct at least monthly training sessions for all FN office personnel on compliance rules and best practices.
- Conduct weekly file reviews to fulfil documentation and risk mitigation requirements.
- Work with FN VP, National Sales Manager to identify and prepare documentation needed to train, measure and ensure compliance knowledge and execution.
- Prepare office for successful audit results and coordinate the successful resolution to any issues identified.
- Work closely with Compliance, Legal, Human Resources and Distribution colleagues to maintain a strong compliant culture and timely resolution of issues.
- Stay current on relevant compliance topics to add value and instill knowledge and urgency with meeting compliance requirements.
What we are looking for
- Preferred locations are Pasadena CA, San Mateo, CA, Edison, NJ, Washington DC or Houston, TX.
- Bachelor's degree and three to five years of experience in the financial securities or insurance industry is required.
- Must be proficient with MS Office Suite. MS Excel is a must.
- Must be detail-oriented, intuitive, innovative, and have the ability to handle a high volume of work independently.
- Must have effective communication skills with the ability to articulate concern(s), both written and verbal.
- Must have knowledge of the insurance business.
- Ability to analyze large amounts of data and to think through complex Compliance issues.
- FINRA Series 6/26 (or 7/24) preferred
- Life and Health license preferred
- Job requires up to 25% travel.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.