Retirement Plan Testing Administrator
OP - Operations
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
Your future team
VALIC specializes in retirement savings and investment products and services, including individual variable and fixed annuities, group retirement products, mutual funds, financial planning and investment advisory services and guaranteed investment contracts. VALIC has been in the 403(b) market since its inception writing the first K-12 403(b) programs almost 50 years ago.
VALIC Operations is an extremely fast-paced and dynamic environment and operates within a strong compliance and regulatory environment. The functions are high impact and include operations and service activities required to support plan sponsors in the administration of retirement plans such as plan implementations, transaction activities, reporting and customer contact centers
Compliance Administrators will provide support to plan sponsors in plan design and testing issues. This position will be responsible for administering all regulatory testing requirements as specified in the Plan Documents.
Your contribution at AIG
As a contributor at AIG you are the one the clients turn to in times of need. You act with speed, composure, compassion and knowledge to solve problems and the work you do every day is the heart of AIG's business.
- Collection of census, plan, and client data
- The input of employer data to a pension system and setting up proper plan files
- Monitoring plan activities, including contributions and distributions, for ongoing compliance with regulations
- Performing all nondiscrimination testing (including but not limited to 402(g), 415(c), ADP, ACP, Top Heavy, Coverage - ratio percent and average benefits, 414(s) Compensation)
- Providing appropriate reports to employers.
What we are looking for
- 2-3 years prior experience with completing annual non-discrimination testing on Defined Contribution plans
- ASPPA Certifications a plus
- Bachelors degree in a business related field
- Problem solving skills
- Process improvement skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understand and articulate regulatory requirements
- Demonstrated ability in researching questions/escalations with full-scope understanding in order to provide exceptional client service
- Demonstrate proficient to expert level skills in Microsoft Office especially Excel, Word and Access
- Technical aptitude to rapidly acquire expertise with various VALIC in-house systems
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.