Investment Analyst - Direct Origination Private Credit
IN - Investment
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG ASSET MANANGEMENT US LLC
Headquartered in New York with several locations around the world, AIG Investments provides investment advisory and asset management services to AIG and its businesses. AIG Investment's platform spans multiple asset classes including high grade and high yield corporate and sovereign debt, municipal bonds, structured products, external mandates, private placements, and global real estate as well as investment strategy and sovereign research. Investments works collaboratively with all areas of the company to drive shared financial interests and investment goals.
The Investment Analyst - Direct Origination position is a junior level analyst responsible for fundamental investment analysis, industry research, preparing financial models, and supporting senior direct originators in sourcing, marketing, and executing private placement investments across multiple industry sectors and asset classes. While there will be no direct portfolio management responsibilities, this analyst will be responsible for assisting in developing and maintaining relationships with prospective and existing private placement issuers. More specifically, this person will:
- Assist in the analysis, review, and recommendation of new private placement transactions including: developing financial models; analyzing industry trends and issues; drafting approval memorandums; pre-qualifying prospects, participating in marketing calls and due diligence meetings with issuer management; conducting reference checks; and participating in internal approval committees.
- Work with in-house and external counsel to satisfactorily document amendments and new transactions.
- Interact with bankers and other investors, as well as work with internal constituents and the issuer to close transactions.
- Assist with special projects, as needed.
This position will report to the Managing Director, Direct Originations who in turn reports to the Head of Direct Originations and Workout. Primary interactions will be with the direct originators located throughout the U.S., prospective issuers, private placement analysts and portfolio managers. This position will also interact with members of Enterprise Risk Management and with the Private Placement Investment committee. Position is located in Houston. No relocation package is being offered.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- 2+ years of experience as a credit/investment analyst.
- Four-year degree from an accredited college or university is required; MBA or CFA is preferred. Finance or accounting major preferred.
- Excellent analytic and credit skills, including strong ability to analyze financial statements and create financial models. Strong Excel skills are required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to interact well with people and exhibit good business development skills in support of senior originators.
- Self-starter with strong organization and prioritization skills, which allow him or her to complete multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated high ethical standards, good judgment and flexibility in achieving goals.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.