Travel Emergency Department Representative
SC - Sales Commission
Estimated Travel Percentage (%):
Travel Guard Group, Inc.
The Travel Emergency Department team
AIG Travel Guard supports our customers with top-quality solutions for their travel insurance needs. We help people travel more and worry less. Millions of leisure and business travelers alike rely on Travel Guard®, AIG Travel's portfolio of travel insurance solutions and global assistance services, to help them recover from unexpected circumstances that can interrupt their travel plans. The Travel Emergency Department handles incoming calls from various clientele around the world who are facing a circumstance that rises to the level of an emergency. Our team acts quickly to provide the information and resources our clients need to resolve their emergency and get back to enjoying their travel. Some of the situations that our Travel Emergency Department resolves include tracking lost luggage, sending emergency cash wire transfers, assisting with merchant charges, emergency hotel check-ins, lost or misplaced passport replacement, benefit inquiries, and other immediate issues they are facing while traveling.
The Travel Emergency Department's contribution at AIG
As a contributor at AIG, the Travel Emergency Department Customer Service Representatives at AIG are the ones the clients turn to in times of need. They act with speed, composure, compassion and knowledge to solve problems and the work they do every day is the heart of AIG's business.
Travel Emergency Department Customer Service Representatives:
- Answer incoming phone calls from clients who are facing a travel emergency
- Provide information and services that will resolve the issue the client is facing
- Support the client during the resolution of the emergency by acknowledging customer concerns, providing empathy, building rapport, conducting customer follow up, researching the case and documenting appropriately
- Think creatively in order to provide unique solutions to the unique problems of the travelers in need
AIG provides a paid training program where we provide our new employees with the education, support, and training needed to begin their roles in Travel Emergency Department. This position has a competitive base hourly wage. N o prior travel insurance experience is required to be successful in this role. Candidates with experience in providing excellent customer service, thinking quickly to find unique solutions, and the ability to follow established policies and procedures resulting in successful problem resolution will be competitive for this role.
Travel is not required in this position- this role works in our Stevens Point office full time.
What we are looking for
- A record of providing outstanding customer service within a sales, service, or retail environment (1+ years preferred)
- Ability to think outside the box, think quickly on your feet, and respond to high end clientele with professionalism
- Ability to keep work organized, with a thorough attention to detail while multi-tasking and handling atypical situations
- Experience in conflict resolution, or de-escalating tense situations
- Ability to solve complex problems within an established protocol of procedures and possible solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- International travel experience and geography knowledge is helpful
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Proven experience in customer support or the travel industry is beneficial, but we are willing to train the right individual
Employment at AIG Travel in Stevens Point
This is a full time position. We currently have the following shifts available:
1st shift: Start times between 4a-10a; end times between 12p-6p
2nd shift: Start times between 11a-4p; end times between 7p-12a
3rd shift: Start times between 7p-11p; end times between 3a-7a
All shifts work Monday through Friday, rotating every-other weekend (with two weekdays off when weekends are worked).
These shifts come with an hourly shift differential increase: An additional $3 per hour on top of base hourly rate for every hour worked after 7:00 pm, and an additional $3/hour for every hour worked on Saturday or Sunday before 7:00 pm. Any hours worked 7:00 pm to 7:00 am on Saturday and Sunday has an hourly increase of $6 per hour.
AIG Travel offers a first-class benefits package to their employees, and all benefits begin on day one of employment. A partial list of benefits include:
- A robust amount of Paid Time Off- with additional opportunity to take Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Automatic employer contribution into 401k account, with an additional employer match opportunity
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance plans
- Opportunity to earn a performance-based bonus
- Shift differential rates mentioned above for work conducted after 7:00 pm and on weekends
AIG Travel in Stevens Point has a casual dress code, and a fun, friendly work environment. The Stevens Point employees enjoy the benefits of our laid back culture- with our onsite disc golf course, ping-pong table, cafe with on-site food vendors daily, walking trails and routes within the building, free coffee and tea provided, secure bicycle storage, and on-site ATM.
If this position sounds like it could be the right fit for the next step in your career, please apply today. For questions regarding your application, you may contact the Talent Advisor, Ashley Readling at ASHLEY.READLING@AIG.COM.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.