Consultant, Business Analysis
Do you enjoy working with data and uncovering insights that lead to actions? The Consultant, Business Analysis will help Workplace Planning & Advice harness the power of data to drive results and improve the associate, leader and customer experience.
The Expertise We're Looking For
- 8 years working in Data and or Analytics
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred
- Strong project management skills; experience managing multiple projects across multiple partners
- Prior experience presenting insights to peers, managers and/or executives
- Prior experience in data analytics, data visualization and data prep using agile tools such as Tableau, Alteryx, Qlik, PowerBI, R, or Python
- Knowledge of SQL as well as database concepts.
- Basic knowledge of SalesForce
- Prior basic experience or a strong desire to learn AI, Predictive Analytics and Machine Learning concepts
The Purpose of Your Role
The Consultant, Business Analysis works within our Workplace Planning & Advice Headquarters Team and will provide meaningful insights on how our business is performing. On a typical day, you'll be interacting with our Field Leaders and headquarters peers but also partnering with technology and data teams to help move work forward. You'll collaborate with our data and reporting teams to represent our needs on a wide range of projects ranging from business performance monitoring, big data use cases, compensation and scorecards and ad hoc analytics. You'll also partner with our Finance team to set goals, understand spend and help understand results. You'll work with our Regional Center Operations teams to understand call volume trends and measures as well as staffing requirements.
The Skills You Bring
- You thrive in an environment where data is abundant
- You understand how to turn data into insights which drive actions
- You have the ability to work with agility and creativity among large data sets
- You strike the right balance between delivering independently or leveraging enterprise teams for support.
- You are comfortable testing different approaches and tools to uncover insights
- You have a knack for sharing insights in a succinct, easily understandable way that adds value to the consumer.
- You are always scanning for the best approach on how to leverage and work with our data
- You believe that quality and scale are critical to anything that you build.
- You value pace over perfection but understand the appropriate time and place for both approaches.
- You are a self-starter and are comfortable working in groups or alone as well as in person or virtually.
The Value You Deliver
- Finding and sharing insights about what is driving our business.
- Harnessing the power of our data to find opportunities and improve the customer and associate Experience
- Becoming a trusted voice and subject matter expert on Workplace Planning & Advice insights and results.
- Prototyping and building dashboards and analytics to help understand our business
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
The Consultant, Business Analysis is part of Fidelity's Workplace Planning and Advice group. The Workplace Planning and Advice group operates within our Personal Investing business unit. We are a leading provider of investment management, retirement planning, family conversations, portfolio guidance, brokerage, benefits outsourcing, and many other financial products and services. We believe in building relationships, not just in building sales or building our assets. After all, our clients will place their investments, their savings, and their futures in your hands. A career at Fidelity means you'll be the one who will personally work with them to help achieve their dreams- whether that's saving for college, for retirement, for a big vacation, or anything else. This is an important responsibility and that's why we'll surround you with amazing, supportive people and all the tools you need.