Vice President New Business Services
OP - Operations
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: Yes
American General Life Insurance Company
Vice President of New Business Services, Life Insurance
Your future team
AIG Life and Retirement is a unique franchise that brings together a broad portfolio of life insurance, retirement and institutional products offered through an extensive, multichannel distribution network. It holds long-standing, leading market positions in many of the markets it serves in the U.S. With its strong capital position, customer-focused service, breadth of product expertise and deep distribution relationships across multiple channels, Life and Retirement is well positioned to serve growing market needs.
The Vice President of New Business Services is responsible for a broad range of critical activities, ranging from strategic planning for new business processing and pending application management within the Core Life and Retirement Unit to leadership on key projects. This role will lead domestic based processing and specialty teams in both the Nashville and Houston offices, ensure adherence to SLA's, while strengthening our business continuity position with a multi-site staffing model.
This position will also lead efforts to reengineer the way we process business and look to enhance the customer experience while effectively managing resources and costs.
Your contribution at AIG
As a Leader and People Manager, YOU make the difference in an employee's experience at work. Great leaders provide direction, inspire and motivate their teams. You will be expected to develop and grow talent, and empower and coach your team toward higher levels of performance, as well as towards the customer-focused culture that we are shaping at AIG Life and Retirement. You are respected for your ability to lead teams in meeting or exceeding operational objectives. You balance the needs of multiple stakeholders, making sound decisions using data, analysis, experience, and judgment, along with a risk and accountability mindset. Ultimately, you take ownership for key outcomes.
- Lead a variety of operational teams with focus on new business processing to achieving performance objectives inclusive of turnaround times and quality of process.
- Create solid working relationships with distribution, underwriting and case management to improve upon the customer experience as it relates to the management of pending new business cases.
- Ensure all legal, regulatory, and compliance requirements are adhered to within areas of responsibility.
- Recruit, hire, train and stand up new teams of varying sizes to support SLA achievement and business continuity.
- Foster an environment seeking continual review and improvement of existing processes, leading to the contribution of the core life strategic initiatives.
- Participate in presentation forums to various audiences outlining initiatives, achievements, and opportunities within areas of responsibility as well as partner in operational advisory board meetings with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Actively participate in the Life Operations & Systems Leadership Team to execute on strategic initiatives, as well as, oversee and manage operational changes.
- Serve as a liaison to key stakeholders and external parties on behalf of the Life and Retirement Leadership Team.
- Proactively identify potential gaps in business delivery for change initiatives and facilitate actions to close issues and mitigate risks.
- As the leader you will provide direction, motivate and grow talent, and empower and coach teams toward higher levels of performance.
- Bolster the Customer Culture within the organization, with emphasis on strategies that impact Customer Experience and Customer Loyalty.
What we are looking for
- Extensive knowledge of the life insurance business, including multiple distribution channels and business processes.
- 10+ years insurance industry experience with a demonstrated deep understanding of Insurance Operations, Technology, Automation, external vendors, and workflows.
- Extensive experience working with Life distribution in supporting sales efforts with demonstrated results in exceeding customer expectations.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and planning skills.
- Ability to develop and mentor associates within the organization including direct management team.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field required; Master's degree a plus.
- Strategic, creative, analytical and financial acumen, as well as, a strong business intellect and action orientation.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to influence various levels of management, and to work across diverse business functions and teams that are geographically dispersed.
- Ability to handle fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects and consistent track record of meeting deadlines.
- Proven record required for effectively leading teams, providing direction, motivating and growing employees to drive high levels of performance.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.