Information Security Cyber Risk Defense Analyst (Possible Overnight Shift)
IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Employee Services, Inc.
AIG is seeking a highly skilled cyber-defense expert to join AIG's Global Cyber-risk Defense Center (gCDC). The Cyber Risk Defense Analyst will execute a range of threat discovery and incident response duties within the gCDC. The successful candidate will work as part of a team that conducts investigations into potential and actual cyber-attacks affecting AIG's global business units, lines of business, or information technology infrastructure. The gCDC encompasses a number of teams across disciplines including alert validation and tuning, incident response, and cyber threat intelligence. The teams follow a kill chain-aligned operational model, giving the candidate exposure to all elements of an attack lifecycle. This position will report to a gCDC Cyber Risk Defense Team Lead and will provide guidance/direction to Junior Cyber Analysts.
Note - This position will require shift work - (days, evenings, or overnights, and a schedule of 4 days on/3 days off)
• Investigate potential cyber-attacks and intrusion attempts, and lead containment, eradication, recovery, and lessons learned analysis of actual incidents.
• Leverage aggregated cyber threat intelligence, log, network flow, and anomaly data for analysis, research and the identification of potential compromise within AIG's infrastructure or applications.
• Perform root cause analysis to identify gaps and provide technical and procedural recommendations that will reduce AIG's exposure to cyber-risks.
• Prioritize incoming requests to minimize risk exposure and ensure the timely completion of critical tasks and the escalation of time-sensitive issues.
• Assist with the Incident Response process and be capable of performing in both a primary or support role during active investigations.
• Support the development and maintenance of documented play-book procedures, knowledge articles, and training material.
• Create detailed incident and analysis reports, and provide concise summaries for management.
• Communicate effectively with other stakeholders of our incident response efforts, including representatives of the business units, technology specialists, vendors, and others.
• Contribute to our efforts to drive continuous improvement by recommending and collecting various key metrics for reporting to senior management on Incident Response.
Minimum Requirements (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
• An understanding of cyber security operations processes, procedures, guidelines and solutions, including practical experience of cyber kill chain principles
• In-depth understanding of Windows, UNIX, and Linux operating systems, networking, malware defenses, and perimeter controls.
• Knowledge of TCP/IP networking and core Internet protocols such as UDP, ICMP, DNS, FTP, SMTP, HTTP, SNMP, etc.
• Ability to contribute to the development of SIEM use cases.
• Strong oral and written communications skills (e.g., technical writing, user guide development, requirements analysis) and ability to interact effectively with technical and non-technical audiences, as well as present in front of small and large groups.
• Understanding of how to read and interpret malware analysis reports.
• Self-starter with a sense of urgency who takes ownership and responsibility for service delivery
• Works independently with minimal guidance to drive projects to completion, while also working collaboratively with the team to achieve strategic goals
• Professional, clear, and concise communication to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Strong deductive reasoning, critical thinking, problem solving, prioritization, and consultative skills
• Proven organizational skills (time management and prioritization), and also employ a rigorous process for all follow-up / coordination activities
• Position requires access to highly sensitive confidential material. Integrity and discretion are mandatory.
• Comfortable working in a dynamic environment, balancing multiple incidents, special projects, and other activities.
• Ability to deal diplomatically and effectively at all levels of the business including both technical and non-technical staff, management and senior leadership.
• Willingness to support and develop junior team members while also delivering on candidate's own responsibilities.
Minimum of three to five (3 - 5) years of experience in Information Security, and at least three (2) years practical experience in a Security Operations Center (SOC) environment and/or experience with security monitoring, event and anomaly analysis and intrusion detection/prevention.
Formal Education & Certification
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering, or relevant military or law enforcement experience preferred.
• Active or previously held Security Clearance preferred
• Preferred Certifications:
o ISC2 SSCP (Systems Security Certified Practitioner)
o ISC2 CCFP (Certified Cyber Forensics Professional)
o GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA)
o GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
o EC-Council Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator (CHFI)
o EC-Council Certified Incident Handler (CIH)
** NOTE: An equivalent combination of experience, education and/or training may be substituted for the listed minimum requirements.
The analyst will be expected to perform shift work as part of a 24x7 global team, occasionally requiring weekend and off-hours work.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.