About William Blair
Private Wealth Management’s Financial Advisors work with high-net-worth individuals and their families, business owners, endowments, and foundations to provide quality investment advice and thoughtful wealth management solutions. Advisors rely on the global resources and services of the firm, including William Blair’s renowned equity research, wealth planning services, and consulting services group, to help their clients achieve their goals, strengthen their legacies, and enrich their communities. The average tenure of a wealth advisor at William Blair is 15 years with the firm and 24 years in the industry which is a testament to the stability of our firm and our people. As of March 31, 2018, William Blair Private Wealth Management oversees $32.4 billion in client assets. In addition to the Chicago-based office, there are private wealth management offices in Atlanta, Boston, New York, and San Francisco.
Summary and Responsibilities
Identify and establish relationships with high net worth investor prospects. Build an understanding of their short- and long-term financial goals. Develop detailed knowledge of William Blair products, services and capabilities, and apply this knowledge in marketing efforts to prospective clients. Convert prospects to clients with assets under supervision. Recommend and build portfolios based on client investment objectives, integrating Research findings and financial markets knowledge. Monitor and evaluate portfolio performance. Refine investment strategies and portfolio composition to achieve desired returns. May operate as part of a team of Financial Advisors at the direction of more senior team members. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
• Identify and establish relationships with high net worth investor prospects. Develop prospect pipeline and regularly conduct calls/meetings with potential clients, with guidance from more senior Wealth Advisors. Build an understanding of client needs and investment objectives. Record findings in appropriate systems.
• Develop detailed knowledge of William Blair products, services and capabilities, as well as marketing and research resources. Establish relationships across other functions (e.g., PWM Middle Office, Wealth Planning, Research). Continuously seek opportunities to expand knowledge (e.g., Research luncheons, functional training, conferences).
• Create business development plans focused on acquiring clients and assets under supervision. Develop targeted clients list, marketing strategies, closing techniques, investment philosophy and performance metrics. Track performance against plan.
• Develop client relationships and provide exceptional client service to high net worth investors. Monitor clients’ investment objectives on an ongoing basis. Work to expand existing relationships and secure additional assets under supervision.
• Recommend and build appropriate portfolios consistent with client’s objectives to facilitate desired investment returns. Monitor portfolio performance and refine strategy as needed.
• Provide marketing and client service support to Wealth Advisor team(s). Advise investors on products and investment strategies.
• Ensure all advisory activities are in compliance with applicable rules, regulations, policies and procedures.