Senior Business Analyst
OP - Operations
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
Group Retirement Senior Business Analyst for Training & Quality Assurance
Your future team
We all want a future that's worth looking forward to. Helping people achieve their goals is what VALIC is all about. We call it being FutureFIT. FutureFITis all about our customers owning their future —living tomorrow the way they choose —and enjoying life the way they want. We've helped millions of individuals plan for, save for and realize the financial goals they've set. With the combined strength and diverse products of AIG member companies and VALIC powering your efforts, you can provide a uniquely high level of personalized retirement and financial planning—and make a real difference in the lives of those who deserve your help.
The Senior Business Analyst reports to the Training Director with a matrix reporting to the Quality Assurance Director.
The Senior Business Analyst works within the training and quality assurance teams to provide data gathering and data analysis for production, errors, comparative statistics, gap recognition and root cause identification, focusing on results at all levels including individual, team and function. The goal of this analysis is to ensure identification of opportunities that will positively impact the participant experience, employee development and engagement, and functional efficiencies in addition to plan-level and regulatory compliance. A strong focus is on the various methods of identification and resolution, and the Senior Business Analyst will assist in developing resolution and training paths. The Senior Business Analyst partners with various other teams including the processing teams, the client forms team, the performance excellence teams and various project teams to ensure a cohesive approach to success.
Your contribution at AIG
As an influencer at AIG, people come to you as a “go-to” source for help and support because of your deep knowledge and expertise. As a more experienced team member, you are capable of driving continual improvement and impacting the way that things get done. Because of your influence, whether direct or indirect, we are able to deliver powerful outcomes for our clients.
Duties and responsibilities
- As an effective and efficient Senior Business Analyst, your performance will consistently meet or exceed the Key Performance Indicators.
- Your deliverables will be accurate and timely, reflective of the desired goals which may change often and repeatedly, requiring flexibility on your part to remain positive and proactive as the business evolves.
- Your communication with the processing and the quality assurance teams, as well as other internal partners, will be professional, concise, effective and encouraging to ensure the highest quality for our clients while supporting employee engagement in the same.
- Your duties will extend beyond the initial analysis to include feedback and suggestions to management for resolution paths for individuals and teams as well as potential enhancement or revisions to processes, training manuals and client request forms.
What we are looking for
- Bachelor's degree in a related field with a minimum 4 years of related experience.
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Analytical skills that extend beyond the obvious end result.
- Effective communication skills including written, verbal and interpersonal
- Knowledge of defined contribution plans is preferred.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.