CM - Communications
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
As Marketing Manager, Institutional Marketing, you will be responsible for providing project management and campaign development for projects affiliated with Communications and Education and Sales/Consultant Relationship Management. Close attention will be required to assist in the execution of Communications and Education plans for VALIC strategy clients. Additionally, the position will provide marketing specialist support for sales or acquisition campaigns, along with campaigns associated with Consultant Relations. Samples of campaign elements are materials and collateral used in finalist presentations, press releases, conference presentations, and other public-facing initiatives. The client segments the position will support are K-12, Higher Education, Healthcare, Religious, Cultural and Charitable and Government-Municipalities. In this position, you will report to the AVP Retention Strategies directly and you will provide support to the Marketing Lead for Acquisition and Consultant Relations.
- Execute marketing campaign initiatives, including project management, creating marketing communications materials, planning marketing events, working with internal and external resources to accomplish tasks and conducting industry and competitor research. The position must work closely with internal Design, Editorial, external departments such as compliance, and research
- This position will include working closely with business lines to assure messages and materials in campaigns are aligned to the needs of the various audiences and needs of the business lines.
- Develop marketing communications plans through creative design and determines communication method and timing.
- Working closely with internal colleagues and business lines determine tracking, metrics and communication of target marketing projects
- Consults businesses on best communication methods.
- Acts as “Junior Communications Consultant” and will support Communications Consultants on Communications and Education plan execution. Will work as primary liaison with all PLAYBOOK C&E requests with Communications Consultants.
- Will support the BID and RFP requests specific to Communications and Education content and coordinate any and all BID requests for samples of C&E for RFP responses.
- Will support Conference activity for Market Leaders by managing Marketing Activities such as ads, social messages, pre-post conference promotional communications, support conference speaking opportunities such as preparing proposals, presentations and coordinating speaker needs.
- Support acquisition teams (sales) by assisting in the development of materials for finals meetings, including magazine development, sales deck materials and gift items for meeting.
- -Supports Retention strategies by coordinating and executing elements of campaign such as gift items and targeted emails.
- -Will support Sales Symposium activities including event coordination with meeting planning, creating invitations and assisting in the prospect invitee list development with Sales.
- - Collaborate with Project Management team, internal strategy and other departments (Product, Compliance, etc.) to promote company initiatives and ensure an integrated communications approach.
- Write creative briefs for campaigns or complex projects.
- Provide strong project management including execute project plans, manage projects “end-to-end” by managing all resources to ensure the deadlines and client deliverables are met, prepare for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures, and ensure documents are complete, current and stored appropriately.
- Coordinate team resources within Marketing Strategy and other internal and external partners to deliver on all aspects of all integrated communication and marketing plans. (IE SponsorFIT enhancements.)
- Coordinate the development of case studies to support the needs of Sales and Relationship Management.
- Analyze sales prospecting campaign results working with Sales teams and provide analytical support to Communications Consultants on plan campaign activities.
- Keep abreast of emerging trends in communications and modify Institutional Marketing's approach, as necessary, to remain competitive while meeting our client's needs.
- Participate, along with Institutional Marketing Team members in providing direction to central marketing utility, by setting priorities, delegating responsibilities to project management-marketing operations team, reporting, tracking, and maintaining deadlines. This will include quality control review of all Institutional Marketing materials in development.
The ideal candidate will have:
- BA/BS Degree
- 5+ years' experience in the Retirement Life Insurance sector
- 5+ years' communications and editorial experience
- Ability to manage long-term communications projects, as well as quick turn-around assignments.
- Must be able to lead multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to analyze business strategies and develop communications plans and programs to meet customer needs.
- High-level verbal and written communications skills necessary to consult on communication planning with all management levels and to direct development of marketing materials with project team
- Must have the ability to prepare and deliver verbal presentations
- Demonstrated ability in financial services/retirement services marketing
- Operate well in a team environment and independently with minimal supervision required
- Ability to articulate complex situations simply and in an engaging style
- Outstanding project management skills and ability to deliver projects on schedule
- Advanced interpersonal skills, including conflict resolution, relationship building and negotiation
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.