Investments Reporting Developer
IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Employee Services, Inc.
Investments Reporting Developer, Investments Technology
Investments and Corporate IT (ICIT) at American International Group (AIG) is a team of technology savvy professionals who are empowered to think beyond the status quo. We strive to develop best-in-class solutions that enable our business partners to realize their objectives. We are agile, responsive, collaborative, transparent, open to challenge, and relentless in our execution.
Utilizing big data, artificial intelligence, machine learning, data and predictive analytics, visualizations, cloud computing and other leading tools/platforms to create solutions, we are proud to fuel innovation for our business to drive AIG's strategic priority programs. We are a team for people who want to synergize cutting-edge technology and strategic know-how to create business solutions for today and for the future.
This role within the Investments and Corporate IT (ICIT) group in the Information Technology organization at AIG supports our Commercial Real Estate (CRE) line of business and includes applications that support Originations, Asset Management, Enterprise Risk Management, and Investment Analytics. With $40 billion under management, these applications provide investment advisory and asset management services for AIG and its businesses around the world.
As an integral member of the ICIT group, the primary purpose of this role is to design, develop, test, maintain, and support the CRE reporting solutions and administration of the CRE applications. The responsibilities for this role will also encompass defining, analyzing, and documenting requirements with our business stakeholders, in addition to the solution delivery. He/she will work with cross-functional teams to determine technical approaches to address business challenges.
Successful candidates must be self-driven, demonstrate a clear understanding of data extraction and reporting tools, and possess strong SQL skills. Prior experience with reporting is key.
- Understand the needs of Commercial Real Estate Front Office and Asset Management stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain reports and dynamic dashboards in support of the business stakeholders.
- Provide production support for enterprise and loan-specific reports and the users.
- Perform detailed data analysis, validation, and identify data quality issues.
- Create ad-hoc queries and reports as requested and provide on-going analytics support of these requests.
- Facilitate and design the reporting solutions which might entail negotiations amongst multiple stakeholders.
- Liaise between the vendor and the business throughout the life cycle of the projects
- Functionality testing for new features/enhancements before release
- Help the business stakeholders envision the future and how their work will need to change to support the future.
- Provide ad-hoc analytical and management reporting support to the leadership, as requested.
- Perform user administration tasks of the CRE applications
- Manage, test, and communicate application releases to business stakeholders
- Interface with vendor client support
Qualifications and Experience
- Excellent MS Excel and Word reporting skills (e.g. pivots, graphs, business objects)
- 2-4 years of experience in BI/Reporting environment recommended.
- 2-4 years of experience working with SQL or any other data manipulation tool recommended.
- Analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of detail
- Knowledge and exposure to cloud integration is advantageous.
- Excellent written and presentation skills, able to collaborate with people at all levels of the organization.
- An Independent worker and analytical thinker with ability to conduct data analysis and resolve problems.
- Ability to communicate clearly about application issues or changes to a broad user community in every timezone around the world.
- Requires a broad understanding and ability to work on problem identification, detailed analysis, evaluation and resolution.
- Ability to build relationships with a range of stakeholders, providing support, assistance and advice in a constructive and professional manner.
- Strong interest in working in an international environment, with appreciation of, and respect for, diversity in the workplace.
- Understanding of the business's strategy, operations, and critical success factors.
- Ability to apply critical and creative thinking, and apply this mindset to solution requirements.
- Experience working with Agile, Lean and Continuous Delivery practices.
- Excellent communication, problem solving, and teamwork skills.
- Experience in Commercial Real Estate is preferred.
- Experience in Cash flow reporting is a plus.
- Bachelors of Science or Business Administration within Financial Management, Economics, or Computer Science preferred.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.