Mutual Fund Internal Wholesaler - Jersey City
SC - Sales Commission
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
AIG Funds is one of the nation's leading producers and distributors of mutual funds and asset management services. We manage and/or administer a family of 21 retail mutual funds as well as a significant portion of the underlying separate account of assets of SunAmerica Retirement Markets and VALIC variable annuities.
Our Jersey City office is currently seeking an Internal Wholesaler to join our team. Internal Wholesalers are responsible for covering an assigned geographic territory and will provide support to the External Wholesaler within that territory (or territories).
Responsibilities include: Updating the External Wholesalers on daily sales, any large ticket items and tracking month-to-date and year-to-date sales. Providing up-to-date information on our family of funds to Registered Representatives (“RR”) through proactive outbound calls and reactive inbound calls.
Ensure RR's are informed of any changes in funds or any new products that become available. Keep abreast of current and historical fund performance, portfolio compositions, dividends and distribution rates, etc.
• Bachelor's Degree required
• Two years of sales/marketing experience preferred
• One year financial services or investment management experience preferred
• FINRA Series 6 & 63 required
• Top notch phone etiquette and excellent interpersonal communication skills both verbal and written required
• Knowledge of Mutual Funds strongly desired We offer:
• Base salary, plus a lucrative bonus package or commission package that rewards your hard work and dedication.
• Medical/Dental/Vision plans starting on your first day of employment. Individual and family options available
• 24 PTO days annually (accrual 2 days month) and increasing to 27 days in the 5th year
• 9 Paid Holidays with early office closures preceding the holidays 6 times annually. Office closures vary by location/city/business units
• 401K with a 100% company match on the first 6% - immediate vesting. In addition the company will automatically contribute an additional 3% to a 401K.
• Basic Life Insurance Coverage at no cost to you (minimum/maximum applies). Supplemental coverage can be purchased at a discounted group rate
• Supplemental Dependent Life Insurance Coverage Options
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.