Investment Sales Development Program - Smithfield Rhode Island - February 2019 Class
*Please Note: The start date for this program will be on or after February 4th.
Are you a passionate and self-motivated person who would thrive in a collaborative competitive environment? If so, come build your career with us!
The Fidelity Institutional Asset Management (FIAM) Sales Desk is a collaborative, competitive, fast paced and exciting environment. In this role you will get an extensive, paid training program that will expose you to the various facets of the financial services industry.
The Expertise We're Looking For
- Bachelor's Degree
- Series 7 and 63 must be obtained within 90 days of hire
- Passion for the financial or investment management industry
- Experience working with Financial Industry or service related industry makes a great fit
The Purpose of Your Role
As an Investment Sales Associate (ISA) your primary responsibility will be consulting with financial advisors and institutional clients via the phone. You'll work on a daily basis to help provide valuable market insight and portfolio construction ideas to help their customers achieve their financial goals.
Being part of the Investment Sales Associate team means being an important part of the FIAM distribution team, known as the Sales Desk. In your role as an ISA, you will be in charge of receiving inbound sales calls primarily from financial advisors across the country and partnering with the internal and field sales team to set client leads and prospect new business. The ISA role serves as a developmental entry level position for the Regional Investment Consultant role (this is also known by industry standards as Internal/Inside Wholesaler). Associates in this position can earn the opportunity to interview for the RIC position based on merit after having demonstrated a high level of success.
The Skills You Bring
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills that translate into a positive client experience
- You have a passion for sales and the ability to uncover and qualify new opportunities
- You are committed to constant self-improvement and exhibit a competitive drive
- You thrive in fast paced and team oriented environment
- You are extremely resourceful, organized, and ability to prioritize multiple priorities
- You have a high aptitude to learn new things quickly and adapt to new situations
- Your effective listening, communication and presentation skills
The Value You Deliver
- Consulting on a wide range of Fidelity products, investment perspectives, and financial markets to assist our clients in their investing goals.
- Collaborating with internal partners on how to service these professionals and create more opportunities for us to partner with them going forward.
If you love working with people and have a passion for financial services and markets, this is the job for you!
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
You have the opportunity to help FIAM's goal of becoming the “first call” that select Financial Advisors and Institutions make when they encounter challenges in their practice. Additionally, as a sales person you influence and directly impact the revenue and profitability for the firm.
What will you receive from us?
- Several weeks of paid training to build your skill sets
- Ongoing training and personal development time to prepare you for long-term career growth and success
- Ongoing coaching and feedback from your direct manager, including career development guidance
- Access to cutting edge tools and technology
- Opportunity to work in a team environment, with a culture of collaboration, partnership and sharing of ideas
- Access to a variety of employee resource groups and volunteer opportunities within the local community
- Networking opportunities with Fidelity leaders and colleagues across the organization and region
- Free coffee daily!
- Onsite fitness and wellness centers as well as company subsidized healthy meal options at our onsite cafeterias
- 18 days of PTO per year plus 8 federal holidays
- An array of competitive employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement and student loan assistance for eligible employees. To learn more about our employee benefits please visit: https://jobs.fidelity.com/our-culture/benefits/index.html