Client Relationship Manager - Third Party Administrator
OP - Operations
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
JR1812541 Client Relationship Manager - Third Party Administrator
Your future team
Fortitude Re: In 2016, AIG created a third reporting segment, Legacy, to manage non-core assets and liabilities, and businesses in run-off, with the objective of balancing the benefits of return of capital or capital redeployment, with potential near-term reductions in book value. The launch of the Fortitude Re entity in 2017 (formally DSA Re) was an important early step in achieving that objective. AIG continued the Fortitude Re strategy by announcing a strategic partnership with The Carlyle Group to achieve the long-term vision for Fortitude Re. Fortitude Re currently reinsures $36 billion of AIG's Legacy Life and Annuity and General Insurance liabilities. Fortitude Re's diversified risk portfolio, strong claims operation, and efficient administration capabilities provide the foundation for a platform that can be scaled over time to offer unique solutions to external parties. AIG and Carlyle plan to build Fortitude Re into a standalone platform with financial strength that complements its strategically differentiated capabilities. For more information, please visit http://www.aig.com/investor-relations.
Your contribution at AIG/Fortitude Re
The Third Party Administrator (TPA) Relationship Manager provides a critical role in protecting the assets, reputation and sustainability of the blocks of business being managed by Fortitude Re. The position functions as the first point of contact and the liaison between AIG and Fortitude Re. In partnership with Operations, the Manager is responsible for the management of the service delivery expectations, relationship, risk, control, reporting, and governance process. It will be critical to build close working relationships with AIG functional leaders, Sr. Leaders at AIG and Fortitude Re, colleagues across other insurance functions, and specialized areas like Internal Audit, Compliance and Legal.
This person will be responsible for developing stakeholder requirements and management of reporting and analytics involved with the Control and Governance of the arrangement. Requires continued evaluation of new technologies and tools to provide exceptional monitoring and reporting for performance, quality and other key indicators.
This will be a working management position with oversight of an additional resource if needed. Future opportunity will likely involve relationship management for multiple clients. This position requires attention to detail and ability to gather, assemble, organize and maintain information.
- Manage the controls based on the contract and standard operating procedures as defined by the client.
- Manage the outcome of the agreement between AIG and Fortitude Re- focus on the contract and the service delivery expectations.
- Monitor and report the status of the Administrative services - Performance Standards (SLAs) and Quality Metrics. Establish strong working relationships with Operations so that this becomes a shared responsibility with the Operations areas.
- Execute the activities that are associated primarily with the on-going governance and oversight, including control assessment, operational licensing and registration review, contract storage and maintenance, renewal, indemnification, and termination.
- Oversee reconciliation process - Reconcile analysis data and maintain analysis data integrity, prepare and scrub data as needed. Ensure that analysis of data complies with all data policies, governance and standards.
- Provide support to Fortitude Re on special projects/assignments, as needed.
What we are looking for
- The ideal candidate for this position has subject matter expertise in many areas of inforce customer service. They should also be skilled people managers with strong project management experience. Any audit, accounting, claims, SOX, reporting and /or experience with contractual agreements is also a preference.
- Independently execute on assignments, including planning, implementation and reporting on the results.
- Demonstrate a good level of relevant industry, accounting and operational knowledge.
- Understand, identify and evaluate key risks and controls and perform data analysis to facilitate risk assessment and control evaluation.
- Collaborate with colleagues and internal stakeholders/management to perform risk assessments and develop audit programs for validating internal controls.
- Coordinate with other control functions such as SOX, Risk Management, Compliance, and external auditors as needed.
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to manage multiple assignments, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university coupled with 5 - 10+ years of working experience is preferred.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.