Plan Service Reprsentative IA
OP - Operations
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
Your future team
VALIC specializes in retirement savings and investment products and services, including individual variable and fixed annuities, group retirement products, mutual funds, financial planning and investment advisory services and guaranteed investment contracts. VALIC has been in the 403(b) market since its inception writing the first K-12 403(b) programs almost 50 years ago.
VALIC Operations is an extremely fast-paced and dynamic environment and operates within a strong compliance and regulatory environment. The functions are high impact and include operations and service activities required to support plan sponsors in the administration of retirement plans such as plan implementations, transaction activities, reporting and customer contact centers
Each Plan Service Representative reports directly to the Plan Sponsor Service Team Manager. The team consists of seven Plan Service Representatives, three Plan Support Coordinators and one Sr. Plan Support Coordinator who assists with workflow management and SME support. Plan Service Representatives work closely with other areas such as Implementation, Plan Documents, Client Transaction Services and the field in support of the relationship management function for VALIC's preferred and valued group clients.
Your contribution at AIG
As a contributor at AIG you are the one the clients turn to in times of need. You act with speed, composure, compassion and knowledge to solve problems and the work you do every day is the heart of AIG's business.
- Provide plan support via Plan Sponsor Contact Line
- provide support via our Plan Sponsor Phone Line daily
- Take calls for four and one-half hours per day with three and one-half hours per day for case research and resolution.
- Receive work via our plan sponsor phone line, plan sponsor e-mail box, regular mail and fax
- Track and monitor requests via a team tracking system for review, case management and monitor each case through its completion.
- Assist in the registration of new Plan Sponsor Online (PSO) website users and informational support for existing users.
- Obtaining Plan Document files and research specific plan provisions of qualified and non-qualified retirement plans to determine how best to meet our plan sponsors' needs.
What we are looking for
- Bachelor's degree in related field or 4 years of experience.
- Experience in a customer call center environment is preferred
- Applicants need strong client management and application of retirement plan recordkeeping systems
- Strong communication skills, including verbal, written, and interpersonal
- Solid working knowledge of pension plan types and of defined contribution plan daily valuation recordkeeping systems
- Ability to analyze data, determine root cause, and provide and/or develop an appropriate solution for resolution.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.