Manager, Implementation Services
OP - Operations
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: Yes
American General Life Insurance Company
Your future team
We all want a future that's worth looking forward to. Helping people achieve their goals is what VALIC is all about. We call it being FutureFIT. FutureFIT is all about our customers owning their future — living tomorrow the way they choose — and enjoying life the way they want. We've helped millions of individuals plan for, save for and realize the financial goals they've set. With the combined strength and diverse products of AIG member companies and VALIC powering your efforts, you can provide a uniquely high level of personalized retirement and financial planning— and make a real difference in the lives of those who deserve your help.
The Manager of Implementation provides leadership and direction for institutional level client projects as well as strategic planning and execution of team goals and priorities. The functions are high impact/high exposure and include any activities required to support plan sponsors in the administration of defined contribution plans. The Manager reports to the Director of Implementation Services. In this role, the Manager leads a team of which may consist of Managers, Project Consultants, Implementation Consultants and Business Analyst.
Your contribution at AIG
As an influencer at AIG, people come to you as a “go-to” source for help and support because of your deep knowledge and expertise. As a more experienced team member, you are capable of driving continual improvement and impacting the way that things get done. Because of your influence, whether direct or indirect, we are able to deliver powerful outcomes for our clients.
- Providing leadership, direction and support to team members regarding exception cases, escalations, best practices, and legal/regulatory guidelines/changes
- Reviewing and approving contracts and partnering with the Legal Department to ensure operational compliance to provisions
- Consulting with other areas on projects and other day to day functions and tasks
- The best performers in this position have the ability to be effective leaders and partner across the organization to achieve results
- Multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced dynamic environment to ensure established project deliverables are met
- Ensure that projects and/or maintenance activities are completed on schedule with 100% accuracy
- Provide input for workflow and system enhancements to increase the efficiency and quality of work generated by the teams
- Assist team members in negotiating institutional clients to VALIC's service delivery model and where exception is required negotiate clients to mutually acceptable solutions
- As a great manager you will provide direction, motivate and grow talent, and empower and coach teams toward higher levels of performance.
What we are looking for
- Educational Requirements - Bachelor's or master's degree
- Job Skills - Leadership and management skills, budgeting ability, communication and presentation skills, ingenuity and creativity
- Experience in Group Benefits Outsourcing, preferably in Defined Contribution Plans
- Demonstrated strong leadership and management capabilities
- Process management and workflow experience
- Demonstrated client relationships skills with internal and external clients
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.