Customer Service Rep - Suspense Blackline
OP - Operations
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
Job ID: JR1811741 Customer Service Rep - Suspense Blackline
Your Future Team
DSA Re: In 2016, AIG created a third reporting segment, Legacy, to manage non-core assets and liabilities, and businesses in run-off, with the objective of balancing the benefits of return of capital or capital redeployment, with potential near-term reductions in book value. The launch of the DSA Re entity in 2017 was an important early step in achieving that objective. AIG continued the DSA Re strategy by announcing a strategic partnership with The Carlyle Group to achieve the long-term vision for DSA Re. DSA Re currently reinsures $36 billion of AIG's Legacy Life and Annuity and General Insurance liabilities. DSA Re's diversified risk portfolio, strong claims operation, and efficient administration capabilities provide the foundation for a platform that can be scaled over time to offer unique solutions to external parties. AIG and Carlyle plan to build DSA Re into a standalone platform with financial strength that complements its strategically differentiated capabilities. For more information, please visit http://www.aig.com/investor-relations.
This position reports to the Manager in the CBSC Suspense and Blackline department. There is interaction with internal customers and departments.
Your Contribution at AIG/DSA Re
Purpose: To support the financial processing and account reconciliation related to Life and Health business
- Monitor suspense reports from the various administrative systems and assure that accounting is properly booked and related suspense is cleared.
- Post financial transactions in the various admin systems and/or though SAP JE's to clear and close out systems and accounting.
- Monitor the various SAP accounts owned by the CBSC and assisting in documenting timing issues and the monthly required reconciliations for these accounts in tracking database and Blackline.
- Assist all other CBSC staff in the research and correction of any accounting irregularities or questions that arise related to suspense.
- Assist in other duties as assigned, such as unclaimed property research and audit assistance.
What we are looking for
- One to two years relevant experience in insurance industry preferred.
- High school diploma or GED required. Some college preferred.
- Knowledge of related admin systems used in the processing of insurance policies.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and customer service technique.
- Ability to use sound judgment and make decisions. Must have initiative to take responsibility for work assigned and complete it with minimal supervision.
- Must be organized with ability to change priorities in order to meet unit goals during peak periods and volumes.
- Strong Computer skills including Word, Excel, SAP and other office systems used in processing insurance or accounting.
- Ability to learn new systems as required.
- General knowledge of accounting.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.