OP - Operations
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
Your future team
AIG, one of the largest insurance organizations in the world, has career opportunities in the Life & Retirement Business. With over 900 employees and growing, AIG is one of the top employers in Amarillo. If you are looking for a career opportunity where you can learn a business that helps customers secure their financial future then we look forward to hearing from you!
The Business Solutions Group (BSG), within the Structured Settlements profit center, is tasked as liaisons between the Information Technology team and the functional business areas such as New Business, In-force Policy Administration, Sales and Marketing, Document Compliance, Document Sourcing, Product Management, and Underwriting.
The BSG team is responsible for clearly advocating for the Business and assisting in defining proper business support solutions, processes, and work-flow designs that maximize operational efficiencies within acceptable Corporate and Business unit risk tolerances and within the operating budget.
Under the direction of the Director of Business Solutions, within the Structured Settlements profit center, this position will contribute to the successful functioning of the business by analyzing data, conducting research, testing and reporting under general supervision; demonstrate leadership and project management skills while delivering results in a competent and professional manner.
Our career progression program will provide you with the opportunity to develop your skills, strengthen your productivity and be eligible to progressively advance to positions with an increased responsibility and increased compensation. We provide you with the training and opportunity for development along with a pay for performance culture to earn additional recognition and bonuses.
This is an opportunity to start and grow your career and make an immediate impact in a financial industry that provides its customers with financial security! Get your foot in the door within a growing division at AIG where the right candidates can accelerate and continue to grow.
Your contribution at AIG
As a contributor at AIG you are the one the clients turn to in times of need. You act with speed, composure, compassion and knowledge to solve problems and the work you do every day is the heart of AIG's business.
- Provide analytical, technical and testing support for projects as assigned
- Gather and document test plans, test cases, test results, and defects
- Manage project testing efforts and deliverables; Ensure data security and data integrity
- Creation and maintenance of automated test scripts and supporting data matrix
- Creation and maintenance of reports, workflow identification and Data analysis
- Mentor and support of colleagues performing equivalent responsibilities
- Provide training and support to application end users
What we are looking for
- Bachelor's Degree in a business or technical discipline or equivalent business experience preferred
- Minimum 7 years of related experience is preferred, preferably in a financial services or insurance environment
- General knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, and methodologies, as well as, a general knowledge of business operations, objectives and strategies
- Working knowledge of test planning and execution techniques
- Ability to work with diverse groups and teams in multiple locations
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects, environments, and requests; Strong organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communications, as well as, analytical and interpretive skills
- Strong database skills (Oracle and/or SQL Server)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio)
- Knowledge of SAP Business Objects a plus
- Knowledge of HP Quick Test Professional (QTP) a plus
- Industry and professional designations are a plus
What our employees like most about working for AIG:
- Employee atmosphere and people approach
- Career path and growth potential
- Generous Paid Time Off (AIG recognizes the importance of work life balance)
- Generous Benefits Plan: FSA, Life Insurance, Medical, Dental & Vision Coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: Dollar for dollar matching up to 6% with immediate vesting plus an additional 3% from AIG.
- Company opportunities for charitable participation and giving
AIG is one of the world's largest insurance organizations providing protection and financial solution, with a history dating back to 1919. Over 56,000 employees serve customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions around the globe. The Life and Retirement business provides Americans with protection, investment and income solutions needed for financial and retirement security.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.