AS - Administrative Support
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
Your future team
Do you want a career learning a business that helps their customers secure their financial future? AIG, one of the largest insurance organizations in the world has career opportunities in the Life & Retirement Business. Licensing and Commissions Teams are at the core of providing service to our valued customers.
As an Administrative Assistant you will work with several departments. The focus of this position will be to handle Executive and Employee support such as developing critical executive reports, tracking and paying various invoices, and supporting the employees administratively.
Your contribution at AIG
As a contributor at AIG you are the one the clients turn to in times of need. You act with speed, composure, compassion and knowledge to solve problems and the work you do every day is the heart of AIG's business.
Clerical responsibilities - typing, filing, distributing mail, duplicating documents.
• Maintain office supplies and equipment for the various departments.
• Run department errands gathering various items used within the area.
• Prepare and distribute critical reports for executive management and audit.
• Research information used in special reports and projects unique to the department.
• Work with budget reports and determine variances that support expenditures.
• Coordinate temporary personnel and tracking of organizational staff.
• Coordinate team activities, facilities upkeep and phone log reporting and daily correspondence.
• Responsible for confidentiality in working with executive level information.
What we are looking for
Must be proficient using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint Basics, and Outlook.
• Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
• Professional and maintain confidentiality.
• Heavy phone use.
• Must be able to run errands and pick up supplies as needed.
• Responsible for cash collection/deposits for various fund raising activities.
• Overtime may be required including some Saturday work.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds.
What our employees like most about working for AIG:
- Employee atmosphere and people approach
- Career path and growth potential
- Paid Time Off (AIG recognizes the importance of work life balance)
- Generous Benefits Plan: Medical, Dental & Vision Coverage
- Company opportunities for charitable participation and giving
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
- Opportunity to travel to other worldwide AIG locations
- Flexible spending accounts & Insurance Coverage
AIG is one of the world's largest insurance organizations providing protection and financial solution, with a history dating back to 1919. Over 56,000 employees serve customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions around the globe. The Life and Retirement business provides Americans with protection, investment and income solutions needed for financial and retirement security.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.