Customer Service Rep - Bilingual Mandarin
OP - Operations
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
The American General Life Companies (AGLC) customer service organization is responsible for servicing policyholder and agent inquiries focused on delivering a best in class customer experience. Each customer contact provides you with an opportunity to reach your goals and make an impact on our business. You will have the opportunity to do the following:
• Provide loyalty-building service to customers (policy holders, producers, internal associates and client companies) by answering incoming calls with a high degree of accuracy and speed, while consistently meeting key department performance metrics.
• Provide a single point of contact for responding to case inquires related to status, selected data changes, required forms information and documenting all inquiries and any corresponding action taken.
• Effectively communicate policy information and company procedures to all customer of the firm.
• Answer a high volume of policy holder and producer telephone calls while pro-actively evaluating concerns, requests and problems.
• Perform all transactions necessary to satisfy requests using the multiple computer systems and productivity tools.
• Meet or exceed all performance contact center metrics for the position.
Advanced interpersonal skills. Proven ability to interact successfully with internal/external customers.
0-2 years Customer Service or Call Center experience a plus.
The ability to simultaneously navigate through multiple computer systems.
Demonstrated excellence in communication skills, both oral and written.
Demonstrated high energy level and a positive attitude.
Life insurance industry experience preferred not required.
Bilingual - Speaking a plus in the following languages : Mandarin - Cantonese
Shifts are 7:00 am - 7:00 pm with flexible start times.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.