Senior Risk Analyst ALM
RK - Risk
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: Yes
American General Life Insurance Company
Market Risk Management is a multi-disciplinary financial derivatives team that applies state-of-the-art technology in performing highly dynamic work. Our mandate is to manage one of the most complex derivatives available today: retirement living benefit guarantees. In service of that mandate we: manage a $50 billion+ multi-asset hedging portfolio, do research and development of new retirement products, and provide modeling and analytics expertise for the business. We are part of a larger organization, but cultivate the entrepreneurial spirit of a small start-up. Our work is cutting edge within the industry.
The Market Risk Management Trading Team manages AIG's variable annuity (VA) and index annuity (IA) $50 billion + book of business. The VA and IA business blocks contain complex exotic options that require proven expertise in derivatives, financial engineering and the capital markets to effectively manage. We are looking for a candidate that can apply these skills in a fast paced, fluid environment.
We are searching for a talented Senior Risk Analyst ALM professional to join our team.
- Coordinate the ALM effort in the Individual Retirement business
- Analyze and develop hedging/investment solutions to manage insurance Variable Annuity, Index Annuity, and Fixed Annuity ALM risk
- Partner with modeling teams to perform analysis and improve modeling capability
- Perform research on new ALM strategies through back testing, time series analysis and capital modeling
- Interface with Hedging and Investments team to plan, coordinate and execute new ALM strategies
- Responsible for producing and presenting departmental level analysis to mid-level management
- Follow the insurance industry trend and best practices, innovations in the capital market and help adopt advanced ALM strategies within the organization
- 5 years of relevant experience in the financial servicesindustry
- Master's degree in Finance, Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Economics, Computer Science, or a related field required
- Knowledge/experience includes thefollowing:
- Capital Markets
- Risk Management
- Derivatives models and valuationtechniques
- Dynamic hedgingtechniques
- Life InsuranceIndustry
- Variable Annuities, especially GMLBs andGMDBs
- Indexed Annuities, Fixed Annuities andInsurance
- Fundamentals of GAAP/statutory accounting and regulation for life insuranceliabilities
- Annuity liability platform as AON Pathwise, GGY AXIS
- User level data-base expertise.Knowledge of Access or SQL ispreferred.
- Personal attributes of a successful candidate wouldinclude:
- Enjoy working on multidisciplinary team to solve analytically complexproblems.
- Detail and processoriented.
- Comfortable working in a structured environment that emphasizes operationalcontrols.
- Ability to work on multiple projects, often with tightdeadlines.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.