IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
American General Life Insurance Company
Quality Assurance Manager will be responsible for supervising and managing the people who ensure that products and services meet customer expectations before the products go out on the market.
Your contribution at AIG
As an influencer at AIG, people come to you as a “go-to” source for help and support because of your deep knowledge and expertise. As a more experienced team member, you are capable of driving continual improvement and impacting the way that things get done. Because of your influence, whether direct or indirect, we are able to deliver powerful outcomes for our clients.
Duties and responsibilities
- As a great manager you will provide direction, motivate and grow talent, and empower and coach teams toward higher levels of performance.
- Oversee SDLC process, prepare and update quality documentation. Work with the application development team to establish quality standards. Would have the authority to stop the production release if see product defects.
- Lead QA team, recruit and train employees in best practices, provide them with documented quality standards, and select quality tools.
- Manage multiple projects during testing phase - estimate, assign QA resources, track progress, and report testing results.
- Analyze the data and recommend changes to production processes or quality controls to eliminate the problem.
- Promote culture of quality across IT organization. Develop and monitor continuous improvement programs, aiming to reduce the number of defects and improve levels of quality.
What we are looking for
- Proven record in providing direction, motivating and growing employees to drive high levels of performance.
- Experience as a quality assurance manager or relevant role.
- Thorough knowledge of methodologies of quality assurance and standards.
- Knowledge and experience in various Software Development Lifecycle processes (Waterfall, Agile etc.)
- Excellent numerical skills and understanding of data analysis/statistical methods
- Good knowledge of MS Office
- Outstanding communication skills
- Great attention to detail and a results driven approach
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
- Reliable and Trustworthy
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field preferred
- 5 - 9 years of experience in Quality Assurance including leading QA effort.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.