Patching and Compliance Manager
IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
The Server Compliance Team Manager position will be responsible for managing a diverse team of professionals responsible for delivering solutions to maintain baseline security configurations across AIG's enterprise of more than 30,000 servers.
Primary Success Factors
- Must be able to manage a global team of engineers responsible for implementing server security setting and security patches.
- Ability to manage processes, projects and budgets.
- Must have working knowledge of Windows, Linux, ESXi, and Solaris operating systems.
- Preferred working knowledge of Tanium and associated modules (Patch, Comply, Asset, Discover, etc).
- Preferred working knowledge of Chef Enterprise.
- Must have extensive knowledge of OS patching, software packaging and deployment processes and strategies.
- Ability to work with application development and support teams to create strategies to harden the server infrastructure without disrupting business operations.
- Contributes to designing technical roadmaps in support of overall IT strategy.
- Consults on operational challenges and key projects.
- Experience managing technical staff, projects and budgets.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Experience working with a cloud vendor (AWS and Azure preferred).
- Providing 24x7x365 on-call support for production environments.
- Demonstrated analytical skills with creative and innovative approach to problem solving.
- Five or more years of experience with supporting Windows, ESXi and Linux.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Ability to manage and support the security update processes for multiple server operating systems.
- Automating processes with various scripting languages where necessary to improve processes.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work as a team player.
- System/application tuning and performance optimization.
Top Performer for This Position
- Strong communications skills, ability to get ideas across.
- Innovative approach to problem-solving.
- On-call support for production environments.
- Align with AIG's security and compliance policies.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.