New Business Pricing Lead
AC - Actuarial
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: Yes
American General Life Insurance Company
JR1811937 New Business Pricing Lead
Your Future Team
Fortitude Re: In 2016, AIG created a third reporting segment, Legacy, to manage non-core assets and liabilities, and businesses in run-off, with the objective of balancing the benefits of return of capital or capital redeployment, with potential near-term reductions in book value. The launch of the Fortitude Re entity in 2017 (formally DSA Re) was an important early step in achieving that objective. AIG continued the Fortitude Re strategy by announcing a strategic partnership with The Carlyle Group to achieve the long-term vision for Fortitude Re. Fortitude Re currently reinsures $36 billion of AIG's Legacy Life and Annuity and General Insurance liabilities. Fortitude Re's diversified risk portfolio, strong claims operation, and efficient administration capabilities provide the foundation for a platform that can be scaled over time to offer unique solutions to external parties. AIG and Carlyle plan to build Fortitude Re into a standalone platform with financial strength that complements its strategically differentiated capabilities. For more information, please visit http://www.aig.com/investor-relations
- Manage a small team of pricing actuaries; develop pricing methodologies and pricing models, responsible for accurate and timely analysis and pricing of new life and annuity deals.
- Lead pricing team and partner with businesses in development of Fortitude Re's pricing framework, deal models and key metrics.
- Review analysis and model outputs, provide feedback and train pricing team on pricing methodologies.
- Partner and manage relationships with businesses and other cross functional teams and counterparties to facilitate data requests and collaboration and cooperation necessary to develop competitive and profitable pricing strategies and ceding commissions for potential acquisitions.
- Review the key results with stakeholders and senior management, and secure buy-in on pricing strategies related to acquisitions. Provide timely, accurate and relevant pricing information analytics to facilitate decision-making and to achieve business goals.
- Develop and manage pricing team. Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
What we are looking for
- A FSA with 5+ years of experience in the life and annuity M&A and with demonstrated success in reinsurance pricing for life annuity M&A transactions.
- Work effectively with technical subject matter experts in areas of Finance/ Actuarial/ Investments/Capital management/Legal.
- Hands-on but also with demonstrated successes in managing a small team
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with various stakeholders, including senior management, internal functional partners, and external advisors.
- Organized, reliable, detail-oriented, and highly motivated to deliver timely results and quality work products.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.