Lead Architect/Software Engineer
IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: Yes
American General Life Insurance Company
Job ID: JR1812061 Lead Architect/Software Engineer
Your future team
Fortitude Re: In 2016, AIG created a third reporting segment, Legacy, to manage non-core assets and liabilities, and businesses in run-off, with the objective of balancing the benefits of return of capital or capital redeployment, with potential near-term reductions in book value. The launch of the Fortitude Re entity in 2017 (formally DSA Re) was an important early step in achieving that objective. AIG continued the Fortitude Re strategy by announcing a strategic partnership with The Carlyle Group to achieve the long-term vision for Fortitude Re. Fortitude Re currently reinsures $36 billion of AIG's Legacy Life and Annuity and General Insurance liabilities. Fortitude Re's diversified risk portfolio, strong claims operation, and efficient administration capabilities provide the foundation for a platform that can be scaled over time to offer unique solutions to external parties. AIG and Carlyle plan to build Fortitude Re into a standalone platform with financial strength that complements its strategically differentiated capabilities. For more information, please visit http://www.aig.com/investor-relations
- Influence leadership to leverage technology for competitive advantage. Investigating new technologies and how those tools can be used to further the mission of the Fortitude Re business.
- Effective execution of this will create additional career opportunities.
- Identifying, proposing, and executing business cases for improve customer service, improved compliance and/or company financial performance using technology to deploy automation.
- Key goal is to have an efficient production platform that scales through the use of technology.
- This role will be challenged to build new service platforms that will lever existing platforms including Mainframe, Client server, data lake, cloud, and web technologies.
- This person will be a key technical resource aiding in proof of concepts, software selection, and agile methodologies within the Fortitude Re organization. Leading by example, this individual will have high energy and a can do attitude. The main goal of this role is to build out new service platforms that will be the industries best with continued process improvement to keep the company moving forward in technology.
- The individual will play a critical role in defining and implementing solutions to rapidly integrate and absorb acquired companies or blocks of business.
- Will make recommendations on software selections and software development approaches.
What we are looking for
- Must be able to quickly understand new technologies and apply the technologies to achieve efficient processing with proper controls and metrics. Using agile and Dev Ops as the execution methodologies, the team member will be creative and driven to be the best in our industry.
- Must have solid business acumen that would drive towards delivery of quality systems in a fast pace high demand environment.
- Life insurance and annuity processing business knowledge will enable this staff person to build relationship with business leaders that will drive our strategy and execution. This role will be a key role in reinventing our service platforms.
- We are building a metrics driven automated platform for a world class customer experience while achieving a scalable efficient platform.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university.
- Three to five years minimum level of job-related experience required.
- Education in Business Technology or relevant experience is required.
- Deep knowledge of Life and/or Annuity systems, processes, and products would be required. Technical advance working skills in all platforms of technology Mainframe, Client Server, Web, and/or Cloud are key.
- It is critical that this role is filled by a professionally-confident person who has ability to drive innovation and does not accept status quo.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.