Senior Network Engineer
IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
Maintain network infrastructure.
• Conduct network modeling and analysis to construct a reliable, high-performance integrated network.
• Configure ALL routers, switches, and other network hardware.
• Configure DNS servers.
• Design, recommend and implement new solutions to improve the resilience of network operations.
• Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problems and outages.
• Schedule updates and upgrades.
• Collaborate with network architects to optimize system performance.
• Engage in data network fault investigations.
• Bachelor's degree in network administration, information technology, or computer science.
• 5 - 8 years of Network Engineering experience.
• Additional certifications preferred, such as:
• Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) or Cisco Certified Internetworking Expert (CCIE)
• CompTIA Network+
• Retain familiarity with various network types including LANs, WANs, WLANs, SANs, and VoIP networks.
• Switching (Capacity Planning & VLAN's).
• Routing (OSPF, RIPv2, BGP).
• WAN Technology (MPLS, VPLS, VPN).
• Voice Technologies (POTS, VoIP, SIP Trunking).
• Strong hands-on experience with the Cisco Nexus datacenter switch platforms (Nexus 7XXX, 6XXX, 5XXX, 4XXX, 3XXX,2XXX,1XXX).
• Strong hands-on experience with common Cisco routing and switching platforms (Catalyst 4500, 6500, 6800 - ASR 1XXX, 9XXX - ISR G2 39XX, etc.).
• Strong hands-on experience designing, configuring and operating high-speed campus and enterprise networks. (10GbE, 40GbE, 100GbE).
• Must understand common enterprise LAN, WAN and MAN connectivity solutions (MPLS, MPLS L3 VPN, MPLS L2 VPN, VRF/VRF-lite, QoS, WAN optimization).
• Increase job knowledge through continuing education and professional development opportunities, attend conferences, and read professional industry publications.
• Open to being on call outside of regular working hours as well as occasional nights and weekends in the office.
• Possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to perform well under pressure.
• Have high attention to detail.
• Be a confident communicator.
• Work well independently and in team settings.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.